[NFBofSC] Free Webinar - Everything you need to know about how to vote

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Tue Sep 8 16:50:50 UTC 2020

South Carolina's Paper-Based Voting System, Demo and Voter Registration

Date: September 24, 2020

Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. ET

Cost: FREE

Speakers: Hampton Miller and John Michael Catalano

REGISTER NOW
<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMlduiprT4jE913wISYOkNcm_jACEsQPkJS>

Target Audience: Current voters and individuals who are of age to vote.
Also, those who qualify to vote, but are currently 17 and will be 18 years
old prior to the November 3rd General Election

familiarize themselves with South Carolina's System of Voting.  We will
cover use of the system and other components that are part of the election
process for the upcoming November General Election.

Participants will learn:

1. Provide South Carolina's Paper- Based Voting System Demo, including the
ADA Features for voters. - we will offer during the presentation a hands-on
use of the system.

2. Cover the Voter Registration Process, what to do and voter registration
dates.  Information for how to register to vote and what one needs, deadline
for the 2020 Election year.

3. How to utilize the scVOTES.gov website for finding your polling place and
how to review your sample ballot to be ready to Vote in November.

There will be a question and answer session at the end of the demonstration.

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the
National Federation of the Blind of SC

Board member at large of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of
the Blind of SC

The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom
Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky
Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!

Rocky Bottom Retreat  <http://rockybottomofsc.com/> & Conference Center

Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any
of the below links!

National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book
<https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/>

Computer Science
<https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-S
C-343263089815304/> & Technology Division of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

Rocky Bottom Retreat  <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> & Conference
Center

South Carolina Association of Blind Students

South Carolina Parents of Blind Children
<https://m.facebook.com/groups/375092969314880?_rdr>

The National Federation of the Blind creates and distributes several
publications and audio reports to inform both our membership and our friends
about the true nature of blindness, issues of interest to the blind, NFB
news and action items, and the many important stories we share.

Click here to read more about Publications and Media from the NFB!
<https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media>