[NFBofSC] Updates August 11, 2021

jennifer at successforlives.org jennifer at successforlives.org
Wed Aug 11 19:10:15 UTC 2021

Hello All!

This is a midweek update before the Positive Note for next week to insure
all are informed about our state convention which will be in just over a
week.

Please bring door prizes to the convention or mail to the Federation Center,
119 S. Kilbourne Road, Columbia, SC 29205. They need to be at the center by
August 18 or just bring them with you! Thank you to those chapter, divisions
and individuals who have contributed already. I am donating on behalf of
Mary Kay and Tastefully Simple. Remember, we will have some large drawings
during the convention. It is important to be there for all the sessions, be
on time, and stay until the end. This insures you are informed, and full of
NFB when we depart on Sunday!

Banquet fundraiser donations

We have already received banquet fundraisers from a few chapters and a few
individuals. Please mail your contribution to the center, bring it with you,
or pay using Pay Pal. Make it out to the NFB of SC and note banquet
fundraiser. Can we raise $10,000? I donated $250 this morning.

Scholarship fund

Thank you to those who have contributed. Shannon has challenged all of us to
donate at least $10. Can we bring in $5,000 for this current class? I
donated $100 this morning.

Sponsorships

We are around $5,500 of our $15,000 challenge. I donated $100 this morning.
Can we bring in more?

I don't tell you my contributions to brag. I share with you to illustrate I
am not asking of you what I am not willing to do. Will you join me in
contributing to all of our worthy causes in some way. Maybe, you cannot
afford to donate to everything. Maybe, you only can contribute $5. How if
everyone contributed $5? No amount is too small.

We will be publishing in future Positive Notes our contributors for
scholarships, banquet fundraisers, Marriott ticket sales, RBRCCB ticket
sales and more. Sponsors will be mentioned at the convention and in the
agenda.

If you are riding the van on Thursday, August 19, I need all names by
Thursday at 5:00. Need to insure van space, luggage space and drivers.
Please be at the center by 11:00!

I have some rooms still available under my name for the Marriott. If you are
going and did not get the convention rate, let me know. I need to cancel any
unused rooms by Friday.

If you know of members that wish to attend virtually but cannot afford it,
let me know. If they are committed to attending all sessions, I would love
to hear from them, especially, if they have a financial need and you know
their commitment is there.

Remember, we are having a last update about the convention details this
Monday at 6:00 on the Federation zoom platform. Please encourage members to
attend, especially, if they are coming virtually or in-person. We will have
more updates as well.

The agenda will be published by Friday of this week!

We will have a packing party for state convention welcome bags at the Center
on Tuesday morning at 11:00. Please bring your new  contributions and join
us for fun and fellowship. If you are unable to assist, but have
contributions, please have them to the center by 11:00 on Tuesday!

Thank you for all you do to make this affiliate warm, diverse, inclusive,
authentic, transparent, and unified.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Bazer,

President, NFB of SC