[NFBofSC] Positive Note 1846

jennifer at successforlives.org jennifer at successforlives.org
Mon Dec 27 13:23:32 UTC 2021

December 27, 2021

From:  Jennifer Bazer, President

Positive Note 1846

803-960-9977  Jennifer.H.Bazer at gmail.com <mailto:Jennifer.H.Bazer at gmail.com>

              Greetings Fellow Federationists:

On December 31, we will close the door to 2021 and at 12:00 AM. On January
1, 2022, we will open a new book with 365 blank pages. What will your book
be titled? What will be written on your first page? Many of us will spend
the first part of January focusing on what we should have done, what we need
to do better, maybe, instead, we could focus on the potential , rather than
the flaws! Martin Luther King tells us to focus on each stair, rather than,
the entire staircase. Time continues to fly but you are the pilot. How will
you fly your plane? What direction will you go in? Whatever you do, just
begin; begin where you are and create a beautiful book you will enjoy
reading!

Below are some interesting and fascinating facts about New Year's.

*	The first New Year's celebration dates back 4,000 years. Julius
Caesar, the emperor of Rome, was the first to declare Jan. 1 a national
holiday. He named the month after Janus, the Roman god of doors and gates.
Janus had two faces, one looking forward and one looking back. Caesar felt
that a month named after this god would be fitting.
*	Forty-five percent of Americans make New Year's resolutions. The top
resolutions are: to lose weight, get organized, to spend less and save more,
to stay fit and healthy, and to quit smoking. While nearly half of all
Americans make resolutions, 25 percent of them give up on their resolutions
by the second week of January.
*	Be sure to eat leafy greens on New Year's. Tradition says that the
more leafy greens a person eats, the more prosperity he or she will
experience (what an incentive for staying healthy!). Tradition also says
that legumes bring prosperity because beans and peas look like coins. No
wonder why so many people eat black eyed peas on Jan. 1.
*	Many people ring in New Year's by popping open a bottle of
champagne. Americans drink close to 360 million glasses of sparkling wine
during this time. The bubbly stuff dates back to the 17th century, when the
cork was invented.
*	About 1 million people gather in New York City's Times Square to
watch the ball drop. The Times Square New Year's Eve ball drop came about
because of a ban on fireworks. The first ball in 1907 was 700 pounds and was
lit with 100 25-watt lights. The current ball puts the old one to shame
(thanks to technology). Today, it is covered in 2,688 crystals, is lit by
32,000 LED lights, weighs 11,875 pounds and is 12 feet in diameter.
*	Remember the last scene in When Harry Met Sally, when Harry
references a song after he and Sally kiss? It wasAuld Lang Syne, a song
traditionally sung at the end of New Year's parties. Poet Robert Burns wrote
it in 1788. Though most people do not know the words to Auld Lang Syne, the
overall message is that people have to remember their loved ones, dead or
alive, and keep them close in their hearts.
*	At the Mummers Parade in Philadelphia, 10,000 participants step
through City Hall and perform in unique costumes. The parade dates back to
mid-17th-century, incorporating elements from Irish, German, English,
Swedish and other European heritages. The parade itself is divided into five
divisions: a comic division, wench brigades, fancy division, string bands,
and fancy bridges. If you are in the area for New Year's, be sure to check
out this event.

We are just two weeks away from statewide seminar which will be held
in-person, January 8, 2022. We will stream the event so individuals can
listen, but there will be no participation through the stream due to the
logistics of the live auction. We hope you will join us at the center from
10 A.M. until 4 PM, Saturday, January 8. Please contact David Houck if you
plan to participate in-person. At the seminar, chapters and divisions will
selling items to raise money including, but not limited to: seniors, sports
and rec, Lee County chapter, merchants, and more. We will also have our
auction to benefit Rocky Bottom. Please bring new items for the auction. I
look forward to seeing you all there!

Also, our 2022 state dues are due by December 31. Please remember if you
send in your name, please include an email if you have one and a working
phone number so that we can assist in completing the online membership form.
Thank you to those who are assisting members who are not as tech savvy.
Together we are stronger.

Palmetto Connects, Thursday, January 6, 2022

Palmetto Connects will be held Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 6:00 PM Eastern
on the Federation zoom platform. I look forward to seeing all of you for
happenings in the NFB of SC!

Statewide Seminar, January 8, 2022

The 2022 statewide seminar will be held January 8 at the Federation Center
in Columbia from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM Eastern. The statewide seminar is
like a mini one day convention where we will hear from chapters, divisions,
committees and more about their events in the Palmetto affiliate. It is a
time to come together, meet new friends, reunite with old friends. We will
be streaming this event not through zoom. As a result, participation and
discussion will not be able to happen during streaming. You will be able to
listen but not speak like on zoom. We hope to see you there! Both Rocky
Bottom Board and NFB of SC will have their board meetings between 12:15 and
1:45. If you plan to attend in person, please call David Houck at
803-254-3777 so we know how many to plan for our free lunch. I want to thank
Ike Nelson for his willingness to assist in preparing our meal for this
event. I am hopeful that all leaders including chapter and division
presidents along with board members will attend in person. If you plan to
sell items during the statewide seminar as fundraisers, please let me know
so I can add to the next Positive Note.

NFB of SC Bags and Shirts

The NFB of SC is selling bags with the NFB of SC logo and Live the Life you
Want on the front. The bag is black, bottom is red and the straps are white.
The top is open. There is a zipper that expands the bag. There is a zippered
pocket on the front where the NFB of SC logo is located. The bags are great
for a gift or for sporting the NFB of SC logo and tag line. The bags sell
for $25 each. You can pay pal the money on our website

www.nfbofsc.org <http://www.nfbofsc.org>

or send cash or check made to NFB of SC to the Center at 119 S. Kilbourne
Road, Columbia, SC 29205.

We are also selling short sleeve t-shirts. They are gray with the logo and
tag line on the right side if looking at the shirt. On the back, you will
find the state of SC. These shirts are $25. You can purchase two bags for
$40 or two shirts for $40, or, one bag and one shirt for $40. If you just
want one or the other, the price is $25 each. We are hoping to get in some
sweatshirts and hoodies and will let you know the cost of these once they
are secured. All funds will go to the NFB of SC.

Shoes for a Cause

We will be collecting new and gently used shoes during this holiday season.
Please drop off or send to the Federation Center. Children's shoes will be
given to Sole Stepping, an organization that provides shoes to children in
need in schools. The lady that drives this nonprofit is and orientation and
mobility instructor based in Lexington, SC. Adult shoes will be given to
adults reentering the workforce. Shoes can be new or gently used; if you
plan to donate socks, please insure the are new. There is a box at the
Federation Center for these items. We will plan to take photos of the
donations. You may also bring to the Rocky Bottom Christmas board retreat if
you plan to attend. We will plan to present to Kara Jefferson during the
week of December 20. This will be an ongoing give back project as children
in schools always need shoes and please remember, children can wear adult
shoes. My 11 year old son already wears a size nine in men's! We hope that
you will remember shoes for a cause when you no longer need a pair of gently
used shoes or when you see sales of socks or shoes! Thank you for helping
give back to those in need!

2022 NFB of SC Membership Dues

The National Federation of the Blind of SC now has our 2022 Membership Form
on our website at www.nfbofsc.org <http://www.nfbofsc.org> . When you fill
out this form, you will receive a copy of the information you entered if you
provided your personal Email address. If you are assisting someone with the
form that does not have an Email address, feel free to use
cookcafe at sc.rr.com <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com>  in the Email field. Once you
click on the submit button, you are taken to the Donations page in which you
can choose to pay your $10 state dues using the NFB of South Carolina State
Affiliate secure Pay Pal button. Remember you must fill out the new form and
the $10 state dues in order to complete the process for your 2022 dues!

https://nfbofsc.org/2022-membership-form/

If you have any questions or need assistance with the above process, please
call Steve Cook at 803 260 1292. If I am unable to take your call, I will
call you back when I am available.

Also, just a reminder that dues are due by December 31, 2021. Also, if you
sign up on the NFB national site, that is awesome, you will receive your
welcome coin and packet, but please remember, you must also sign up on

www.nfbofsc.org <http://www.nfbofsc.org>

as a member of our Palmetto affiliate. I want to thank you all for being
willing to assist those who are not familiar with online registration or
payment so that their membership can be completed.

At Large Chapter

The At-Large Chapter is selling Gift cards as an ongoing fundraiser. You may
purchase physical cards or eCards to keep on your phone. There is no cost to
the purchaser, but our chapter does get a percentage of each card sold. The
Gift cards available are Walmart, Target, Visa, Bath and Body Works,
Domino's, Amazon and hundreds more, too numerous to list items here.

Please Contact Melanie Torrance ( 803-908-6656), Mike Seats (803) 237-1464),

or Mary Sonksen (864) 590-3637) to purchase one or more of your favorite
cards.

Calling All Talent!

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF SC

PRESENTS

THE 2ND TALENT SHOW HOSTED BY THE FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE

This event will take place on March 19, 2022 at 4PM

INTERESTED??? If so, here's how to enter:

To register pay a 15-dollar registration fee to the Fundraiser Committee
cash app at $NFBSCFundraiser or go to www.nfbofsc.org
<http://www.nfbofsc.org>  and click donations and choose NFB OF SC
PayPal(make sure to put Talent Show Registration in memo field). Then submit
your information including name, phone and/or email address to
nfbofscfundraiser at gmail.com <mailto:nfbofscfundraiser at gmail.com> . Once you
have submitted your registration you must create and submit a 90 second
video or audio  of your talent to cookcafe at sc.rr.com
<mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com> .

RULES

. All video or audio submissions must be no longer than 90seconds.

. All submissions need to be in by the deadline of February 28, 2022

. All voting should be placed by 2PM March19, 2022.

*No exceptions all rules enforced*

Here's how to win and what you win:

Each dollar raised is 1 vote. The contestants that raise the most money in
votes from friends, family, etc. take home the CASH. To cast your vote, send
your donations to the Fundraiser Committee cash app at $NFBSCFundraiser or
go to www.nfbofsc.org <http://www.nfbofsc.org>  and click donations and
choose NFB OF SC PayPal  (make sure to put the contestant's number in the
memo field)

1st place 10%, 2nd place 5%, and 3rd place 3% of all proceeds

Blind Merchants Fundraiser

>From Demetrius Williford

Hello Federation family The National Federation of the Blind of South
Carolina Blind Merchants Division is having a fundraiser for a 55 inch or
above Smart TV. The tickets are 1 for $5.and 3 for $10. This fundraiser will
continue throughout our state wide seminar. In which the drawing will take
place The day of the seminar. So, don't worry you will have an opportunity
to purchase the lucky ticket or tickets that day. If you would like to
purchase tickets in advance you can contact President Belinda banks at
8649095587 or email her at banksbelinda21 at gmail.com
<mailto:banksbelinda21 at gmail.com>  or Second vice president Demetrius
Williford at 8643288177 or email him at Santez1981 at gmail.com
<mailto:Santez1981 at gmail.com>  or any of the blind merchants members for any
additional information. Here are the different payment methods that can be
used to purchase the tickets. Cash app which is $BlindMerchantsofSC, The
next method is PayPal if you choose to used this method there is a a
transaction fee of 2.2%. Our PayPal information is
Blindmerchantssc at gmail.com <mailto:Blindmerchantssc at gmail.com> . With that
being said in order for us to receive your full payment through PayPal that
2.2% will need to be added to The amount of tickets you purchase. We truly
appreciate you all for participating in our fundraiser. At time of purchase
please put in memo field your name and how many tickets you're purchasing.

December Christmas Movies and Trivia Hosted by NFB of SC

Below is a list of the movie/Trivia schedule for December. Be sure to keep
this message to refer back to for dates and times. All movies will be audio
described!

A Christmas Story

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 7:30 PM Eastern

National lampoons - Christmas vacation (1989)

What additional movies and activities would you like to see the NFB of SC
host? Please contact Steve Cook at 803-254-0222 with ideas.

Fusion, JAWS or Zoom Text

The Computer Science & Technology Division would like to thank Freedom
Scientific for donating an annual license for a division fundraiser!

The winner will receive a copy of an annual license for their choice of
Fusion, Zoom Text or JAWS! Please help support the CSTD by purchasing one or
more tickets.  Prices are one  for $3 or two tickets for $5. The winning
ticket will be drawn on January 8, 2022 at the NFB of SC Statewide Seminar.

To purchase, go to the Computer Science & Technology Division's PayPal at
the below link. Be sure to include the following information when purchasing
your tickets: Name, phone number and number of tickets purchased.

https://nfbofsc.org/donations/

Remember, we are entering the season of giving and gifting.  You won't have
to wait on a shipment to arrive to give this chance to win.

The Computer Science & Technology Division greatly appreciates your support!

Sports and Rec Fun

Sports and Rec will be hosting a trivia night Friday January 21st at 8 p.m.
on the NFB zoom line

Sports and Rec will be doing a fundraiser during state wide seminar. Anyone
in person or on zoom can contribute and enjoy this fun ever.

Our fundraiser will be giving away one maybe two honken big fun boxes. Both
will have all kinds of games, crafts, kitchen items, gardening items home
improvement items exercise items etc.

The fundraiser is $5 per person and what it'll be is each person randomly
picks a sealed envelope that has 5 random brailed playing cards in them.
Each person who contributes $5 will pick their own envelope and towards end
of seminar we the Sports Rec will collect the envelopes open them and take
out the five playing cards.

How to win well the envelops have 5 cards and it's poker so the best five
card hand wins. There's no switching of cards or envelopes between people.
Each envelope that a person picks will have their name placed on envelope
braille and written. NO ONE knows what cards are in what envelopes.

There's no work on your part just contribute $5 and watch us the Sports and
Rec go through and determine the winners.

It'll be so much fun come one come all. If your attending in person then
I'll be there if your attending via zoom you can still be part of
fundraiser. Let's us know that you want an envelope and we will have a
random person pick a random envelope and put your name on it. We can take
cash, check, PayPal. we'll just any type of payment. Hahaha lol.

David Rebocho

President

Sports/Rec Division

Braille Readers are Leaders Contest

>From the Braille Literacy Committee

"Do YOU read Braille (even if it isn't very fast, mind you) and do YOU like
prizes? Do YOU want to help your NFB district read its way to absolute
victory and state-wide bragging rights? If so, then YOU need to register for
the National affiliate Braille Readers are Leaders contest! Registration is
now open and reading may begin on December 1st! There will also be state
affiliate incentives for everyone that registers for the national contest,
so you will be getting DOUBLE the reward and DOUBLE the fun! Please reach
out to Jamie at 864-838-0338 with a text, call, or message or at
nfbsccherokeejamie at gmail.com <mailto:nfbsccherokeejamie at gmail.com>  if you
plan to read so that she can add you to the list and track your progress.
Also reach out to Jamie to get help with registering for the national
contest. Let's get those fingers moving!"

Zoom Events for the upcoming week!

Below are the events scheduled this week for the NFB of SC. Chairs and
co-chairs, please make sure your agenda for the committee is on the list
serv before your meeting. Thank you! Committee chairs and co-chairs, please
also send me a list of committee members for the committee you are chairing
or co-chairing. Beginning in January, chairs and co-chairs will be
responsible for sending out reminders of their meetings along with their
agenda to the list serv. Please remember, I need a list of all committee
members so we can add to the website by Wednesday, December 29.

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Sports & Rec special meeting: 7:00 PM Rocky Bottom Zoom

Movie Night 8:00 PM

National lampoons - Christmas vacation (1989) audio described Federation
Center Zoom

Plot

Chicago-area resident Clark Griswold plans to have a great Christmas with
his entire family. He drives his wife Ellen, daughter Audrey, and son Rusty
out to the country to find a tree. After walking through the snow for hours,
Clark picks out the largest tree he can find. Realizing too late that they
did not bring any tools to cut the tree down, they are forced to uproot it
instead, before driving home with the tree strapped to the roof of their
car.

Soon after, both Clark's and Ellen's parents arrive for Christmas, but their
bickering quickly begins to annoy the family. Clark, however, maintains a
positive attitude, determined to have a "fun old-fashioned family
Christmas". He covers the house's entire exterior with 25,000 twinkle
lights, which fail to work at first, as he has accidentally wired them
through his garage's light switch. When they finally come on, they
temporarily cause a citywide power shortage and create chaos for Clark's
yuppie neighbors, Todd and Margo. While standing on the front lawn admiring
the lights, Clark is shocked to see Ellen's country-based cousin Cathrine
and her husband Eddie, as they arrive unannounced with their children, Rocky
and Ruby Sue, and their Rottweiler Snots. Eddie later admits that they are
living in the RV they arrived in as he is broke and has been forced to sell
his home and acreage. In addition, the older half of his children are too
busy to join Eddie in the visit. Clark offers to buy gifts for Eddie's kids
so they can still enjoy Christmas. Soon afterward, Clark's senile Aunt
Bethany and grumpy Uncle Lewis arrive as well.

Clark begins to wonder why his boss, Frank Shirley, has not given him his
yearly bonus, which he desperately needs to replace an advance payment he
has made to install a swimming pool for the coming summer. After a
disastrous Christmas Eve dinner, along with Bethany's cat getting
electrocuted and Uncle Lewis accidentally burning down the Christmas tree
while lighting his cigar, he finally receives an envelope from a company
messenger, who had failed to deliver it the day before. Instead of the
presumed bonus, the envelope contains a free year's membership for the
"Jelly of the Month Club". This prompts Clark to snap and go into a tirade
about Frank and, out of anger, request that he be delivered to the house,
wrapped in a bow, so Clark can insult him to his face.

Taking Clark's request literally, Eddie drives to Frank's mansion, and
kidnaps him. Frank admits to having canceled the Christmas bonuses, and
Clark chastises him for doing so. Meanwhile, Frank's wife, Helen, calls the
police, and a SWAT team storms the Griswold house and holds everyone at
gunpoint. Frank decides not to press charges and explains the situation to
his wife and the SWAT leader, both of whom scold him for his decision to
scrap the bonuses. Frank ultimately decides to reinstate the bonuses (with
Clark getting a bonus equal to last year's amount, plus 20% as
compensation).

The family heads outside when Rocky and Ruby Sue believe they see Santa
Claus in the distance. Clark tells them it is actually the Christmas Star
and that he finally realizes what the holiday means to him. Uncle Lewis says
the light is coming from the sewage treatment plant, reminding Clark that
Eddie had been dumping his RV sewage into the nearby storm drain. Before
Clark can stop him, Uncle Lewis tosses a match used to light his cigar into
the drain, triggering an explosion. The explosion sends a Santa's sleigh
decoration flying into the sky. Aunt Bethany starts singing "The
Star-Spangled Banner" and everyone joins in as the flaming decoration flies
into the distance.

The entire family, Frank and Helen, and the SWAT team members then celebrate
inside the house, while Clark and Ellen happily share a Christmas kiss, and
Clark stands outside satisfied that he provided a great Christmas for his
family. As the credits roll, he manages to give Snots the petting he wanted.

Cast

Chevy Chase as Clark W. "Sparky" Griswold Jr., the patriarch of the Griswold
family. Perpetually optimistic, and sometimes in denial, he is nonetheless
passionate about and dedicated to putting on the perfect family holiday.

Beverly D'Angelo as Ellen Griswold, Clark's wife. She does not share her
husband's outlook but still supports him in his Christmas endeavor.

Juliette Lewis as Audrey Griswold, Clark and Ellen's daughter. Audrey hates
the entire idea of the big family Christmas, especially when it affects her
social life. She was previously portrayed by Dana Barron and Dana Hill in
the last two films.

Johnny Galecki as Russ Griswold, Clark and Ellen's son. Russ supports his
father but is greatly annoyed by his relatives. He was previously portrayed
by Anthony Michael Hall and Jason Lively in the last two films.

John Randolph as Clark Griswold Sr., Clark's father.

Diane Ladd as Nora Griswold, Clark's mother.

E. G. Marshall as Art Smith, Ellen's father.

Doris Roberts as Frances Smith, Ellen's mother.

Miriam Flynn as Cathrine Johnson, Ellen's cousin.

Randy Quaid as Eddie Johnson, Cathrine's husband who brings his family to
Chicago unannounced and uninvited.

Cody Burger as Rocky Johnson, Eddie and Cathrine's son who has a lip fungus
that hasn't been identified yet and is mostly silent.

Ellen Hamilton Latzen as Ruby Sue Johnson, Eddie and Cathrine's daughter who
was formerly cross-eyed.

William Hickey as Lewis, Clark's grouchy uncle and the husband of Bethany
who wears a toupee and smokes cigars.

Mae Questel as Bethany, Clark's 80-year-old senile aunt and the wife of
Lewis.

Sam McMurray as Bill, Clark's co-worker and best friend at work.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Margo Chester, the Griswolds' yuppie neighbor who
despises Clark and takes the brunt of the Griswolds' antics.

Nicholas Guest as Todd Chester, Margo's husband who also despises Clark.

Brian Doyle-Murray as Frank Shirley, Clark's boss. He does not remember
Clark's first name and calls him different names until the final scene of
the movie.

Natalia Nogulich as Helen Shirley, Frank's wife.

Nicolette Scorsese as Mary, a lingerie counter clerk.

Alexander Folk as Lead SWAT Officer

Doug Llewelyn as the voice of the Parade Announcer

Production

Development and writing

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation originated from a short story by
writer John Hughes called "Christmas '59," which was published in the
December 1980 issue of National Lampoon magazine.[4] "The studio came to me
and begged for another one, and I only agreed because I had a good story to
base it on," said Hughes. "But those movies have become little more than
Chevy Chase vehicles."[5] Director Chris Columbus initially was to direct
the film, but due to a personality clash between him and Chase, Columbus
left the film and was replaced by Chechik. Hughes eventually gave Columbus
the script to Home Alone.[6][7]

Filming

Principal photography began on March 27, 1989, in Summit County,
Colorado,[8] with footage shot in Silverthorne, Breckenridge, and Frisco.[9]
>From there the production moved to Warner Bros. Ranch Facilities in Burbank,
California, where the set of the Griswold family's house and street is
located.[10]

Music

The musical score for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation was composed by
Angelo Badalamenti. It is the only installment of the Vacation film series
not to include Lindsey Buckingham's "Holiday Road". In its place is a song
entitled "Christmas Vacation" that was written for the movie by the
husband-and-wife songwriting team of Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil and
performed by Mavis Staples of The Staple Singers fame.[11] The song was
covered in 2007 by High School Musical star Monique Coleman for the 2007
Christmas album Disney Channel Holiday.[12] Popular Christmas songs featured
in the film include Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters Hawaiian-themed "Mele
Kalikimaka",[13] and, during the climax of the film, Gene Autry's "Here
Comes Santa Claus".[14][15] For the latter song, Autry's re-recorded 1957
Challenge Records version is used.[16]

Despite several popular songs being present in the film, no official
soundtrack album was released. In 1999, a bootleg copy containing music
featured in the film along with select cuts of dialogue dubbed as the "10th
Anniversary Limited Edition" began to appear on Internet auction sites with
the claim that Warner Bros. and RedDotNet had pressed 20,000 CDs for Six
Flags Magic Mountain employees to sell to customers entering the park.[17]
However, while the discs were individually numbered out of 20,000, only
7,000 were sold as a part of an on demand production printed at gift shop
kiosks within the park.[18] Forums on movie music sites such as
SoundtrackCollector later declared the disc to be a bootleg due to its
inaccuracies.[19] For instance, the cut "Christmas Vacation Medley"
(claiming to be the work of composer Angelo Badalamenti) is really a track
called "Christmas at Carnegie Hall" from Home Alone 2: Lost in New York by
composer John Williams and does not actually contain any of Badalamenti's
Christmas Vacation score.

Federation Center

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09

Meeting ID: 803 254 3777 Passcode: 124578

One tap mobile +19292056099,,8032543777# US (New York)

Rocky Bottom

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8648789090?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09

Meeting ID: 864 878 9090 Passcode: 124578

One tap mobile +19292056099,,8648789090# US (New York)

Joke of the Week

Where can you go to practice math on New Year's Eve?

Times Square

Fascinating Fact of the Week

How many total gifts are in the 12 days of Christmas? It is almost enough to
get a present each day of the year. The answer is 364!

Now, for this week? What percentage of Americans make  resolutions and what
percentage break them within the second week of January?

Final Thought

Packaged inside of every mistake there lays a great lesson. And, while I
don't want to take the mistake into the new year, I most certainly want to
take the lesson that's packaged inside of it.: Craig D. Lounsbrough

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

NFB One Minute Message

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
blindness is not what holds you back."

If this message was forwarded to you and you would like to receive it
directly in your inbox, as well as, receive messages regarding the National
Federation of the Blind of South Carolina, please email Steve Cook at
cookcafe at sc.rr.com <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com>