[NFBofSC] Update Homeless blind gentleman January 6, 2021

Jennifer Bazer jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
Thu Jan 7 03:39:43 UTC 2021

Hello Federation Family!

Thank you to those who have called, texted and emailed regarding the blind
gentleman we have been discussing. Your prayers, offers of monetary and
in-kind donations are so appreciative.

Today, I went to visit MR. Morrow again at the Super 8 in Columbia. I took
him to urgent Care and then to Walmart to pick up the four prescriptions,
including an inhaler that was prescribed.

He told me he was robbed outside his door with a knife at his back. A police
report was filed as all was caught on camera. He wanted to move to another
motel in the West Columbia area that he knew the owner. I took him to this
hotel and paid for him a week at $325.

While I was waiting on him during the five hours I spent with him, I did
call Finley House and he is not old enough for housing there. I have a call
into Christopher Towers and another place. I did call adult protective
services. They did not seem too concerned even with his extreme conditions
and being blind.

Now that he has medications, the next urgent concern is housing. He is on
SSI and has a limited income; however, a motel isn't cost effective.

Please join me in praying for this gentleman. Please join me in putting our
heads together to find him housing, if it is temporary and safe until we can
find something more permanent and stable. Then, we can work on the blindness
skills and other resources.

Please consider how you can help MR. Morrow? In-kind items like food,
hygiene, clothes, more. Or, monetarily so we can purchase these items or
help with the week stay at the motel.

Thank you for all you do to assist a blind family member in need.

Please text or call me at 803-960-9977 or email me at jhipp25 at sc.rr.com
<mailto:jhipp25 at sc.rr.com>  if you are able to assist with monetary or
in-kind donations or how leads on housing.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Bazer,

President, NFB of SC

803-960-9977