[NFBofSC] Movie Night With the NFB of SC!

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sun May 2 08:36:00 UTC 2021

Hi All,

The National Federation of the Blind of SC would like to invite everyone to
movie night on Friday, May 7, 2021, at 8:00 PM eastern! We are showing the
movie "Radio" and it is audio described. So bring your favorite snacks and
drinks and join us!

Radio is a good human-interest story that was inspired by events in 1976 in
Anderson, South Carolina. Cuba Gooding, Jr., who plays the mentally
challenged Radio, does such a good acting job, you will believe he is the
real Radio. His real name is James Robert Kennedy, and he was nicknamed
Radio, because of his radio collection and listening to the radio all the
time. Radio spends his days in this small town pushing or riding a grocery
cart down the street, talking to no one. After some football players harass
Radio, the football coach Harold Jones played by Ed Harris takes Radio under
his wing. Radio begins to help out at football practice and sits on the
bench at games. In time, Radio begins to trust the coach. However, some
people in town think Radio is a distraction to the team, and they want Radio
to go. By this time the coach and the team are all friends to Radio and they
want him to stay. Douglas Young (the-movie-guy)

Federation Center

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8032543777?pwd=QTVQd2RzN3l6QnNmZ0FmSnp6NG8vQT09

Meeting ID: 803 254 3777

Passcode: 124578

One tap mobile

+19292056099,,8032543777# US (New York)

+13017158592,,8032543777# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

Disclaimer:

The National Federation of the Blind of SC (NFB of SC) records our Zoom
events when we have Committee Meetings, Chapter Meetings and Special Events.
These recordings are sometimes used for the NFB of SC website, Social Media,
the National Federation of the Blind of SC podcast, and other platforms.

The National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina now has our own
podcast. Using any of the below platforms and more to come! Just search or
ask play National Federation of the Blind of South Carolina podcast. We
currently have the Leadership Seminar from April 10, 2021 loaded and ready
for listening. We will soon have episodes, about gardening, JAWS, Zoom Text,
apps for Apple and Android platforms, ETC. If you have suggestions for the
podcast, please send Steve Cook a message at  <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com>
cookcafe at sc.rr.com or call/Text at 803 260 1292.

Spotify

Apple Podcast

Google Podcast

Radio Public

Pocket Cast

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the
National Federation of the Blind of SC