[NFBofSC] Matching Gift Campaign Next Week

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Thu May 13 21:51:08 UTC 2021

Steve Cook

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and operates Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read more about Rocky Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain retreat!

Rocky Bottom Retreat  <http://rockybottomofsc.com/> & Conference Center

Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book at any of the below links!

National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face Book <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/>

Computer Science  <https://m.facebook.com/Computer-Science-Technology-Division-of-the-NFB-of-SC-343263089815304/> & Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

Rocky Bottom Retreat  <https://m.facebook.com/RockyBottomofSC/> & Conference Center

South Carolina Association of Blind Students

South Carolina Parents of Blind Children <https://m.facebook.com/groups/375092969314880?_rdr>

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

Double Your Impact May 16 to May 23

Thanks to generous gifts from Deque Systems and an anonymous donor, you can double your Give $20 contributions next week during our gift matching campaign. The National Federation of the Blind is celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day all week long.

Every dollar you contribute will be matched up to $25,000 during the week of May 16 through May 23. Participate in our Give 20 Convention Drawing and double your donation at the same time. Contributions of $20 or more will be eligible to win a trip to the 2022 national convention in New Orleans, Louisiana, OR take the cash prize of $2,000.

Mark your calendar to support the GAAD matching gift campaign next week.

Support Accessibility

Accessibility means providing equal access to information. Equal access is crucial for independence, education, and employment. The National Federation of the Blind works every day to bring accessibility to the blind community by educating, advocating, and providing resources and tools to individuals, businesses, government, and educational institutions. Learn more about our accessibility work at nfb.org/cena.

Deque is offering multiple events and resources in support of Global Accessibility Awareness Day. Learn more at: https://www.deque.com/global-accessibility-awareness-day/.

Thank You

Thank you to Deque, our anonymous donor, and all our supporters for helping us continue our work. Stay tuned for more information next week about how to give!

For more information or to donate by phone, contact us at outreach at nfb.org <mailto:outreach at nfb.org>  or 410-659-9314, extension 2282.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314