[NFBofSC] Dorothy Barksdale passes

Debra Canty debracanty2021 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:32:03 UTC 2022

Omega: Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Dorothy C. Barksdale was one of the four that mentored me when I joined this affiliate. Now that three are gone on to glory I will do all humanly possible to keep their legacy alive.

Dorothy was one who cared for others and would always give God the praise, honor and glory!

This was her signature quote…

There are good ships.

There are wood ships.

Ships that sail the sea.

But the best ship is friendship.

And, may it always be.

Let go and may God always have His way…

This was Dorothy’s message on her voice-mail…

Dorothy C. Barksdale will truly be missed.

R. I. P. Dorothy C. Barksdale.

Debra Canty and members of the NFB of SC Sumter Chapter