[NFBofSC] Lyft Up

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Mon Dec 5 10:37:48 UTC 2022

Hi Federation Family and Friends!

President Riccobono talked about this in the Presidential Release last week.

Would you like to assist the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) in fund
raising? Do you sometimes use Lyft for transportation? Well now you can do
both!

The National Federation of the Blind has partnered with Lyft for LyftUp! Let
me explain what this means, for example if I use Lyft and my ride is $12.50
and I have given Lyft permission to do this. My ride will be rounded up to
$13 and0.50 will be donated to the NFB! Be sure and share with everyone that
uses Lyft, even our sighted friends and family!

I have already set this up on my Lyft app on my iPhone and below are
directions on how to do this!

Open the Lyft app

Go to menu from the main menu of the app and open this section

Look for Donation and open this section

Find National Federation of the Blind and follow the prompts.

I hope everyone will join me in supporting the National Federation of the
Blind with your donations!

Do you have a smart phone, tablet ETC! How would you like to be able to look
at your calendar on your phone for upcoming events for the NFB of SC?   Are
if you are at your desk and wondering do I have any events scheduled today
for the NFB of SC? Well, we have something that you will really like! Below
is a link to the NFB of SC Google Calendar that you can subscribe to for
upcoming events without having to visit our fabulous NFB of SC website to
check the Events Calendar. Below is the link in which you will need to
subscribe to the Events Calendar on your smart phone or computer.

<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/nfbsouthcarolina%40gmail.com/priv
ate-4df60c862f41a1d9bf2e25ed4a6af1f2/basic.ics>