[NFBofSC] Purpose of the NFB of SC List Serve

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Wed Jul 27 10:11:44 UTC 2022

Hi Federation Family and Friends!

We have had several new subscribers to the NFB of SC list serve! Posting the
purpose of the list serve for new subscribers and a reminder to others!. Be
sure to read the entire message.

This message is a friendly reminder about the purpose of the NFB of SC list
serve!

The NFB of SC list serve is intended to disseminate information pertaining
to events, activities, initiatives, and programs of the National Federation
of the Blind, on a national, State, and local level  for chapters,
Divisions, committees, etc.

It is for sharing information that will benefit the blind in our state, and
nationally when   appropriate. It is also used for distribution of
information pertaining to laws that will impact the blind.

We want to be positive and encouraging to all.  Any comments or questions
pertaining to policies, procedures, and practices should be directed to that
person off list.  We all need to be respectful of one another.  Because
there are so many Federationists who are from other states, we certainly
want to represent our state well with our comments and questions.  Never
hesitate to ask people questions individually and make suggestions. We are
here to learn from each other and grow together.

Your cooperation with this request is appreciated.

Below is some more information that new subscribers to the NFB of SC list
serve maybe interested in.

Do you have a smart phone or tablet? How would you like to be able to look
at your calendar on your smart device for upcoming events for the NFB of SC?
Well, we have something that you will really like! Below is a link to the
NFB of SC Google Calendar that you can subscribe to for upcoming events
without having to visit our fabulous NFB of SC website to check the Events
Calendar. Below is the link in which you will need to subscribe to the
Events Calendar on your smart phone or computer.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/nfbsouthcarolina%40gmail.com/priva
te-4df60c862f41a1d9bf2e25ed4a6af1f2/basic.ics

Do you have a favorite recipe that people always ask you for? Do you enjoy
learning about new recipes? Do you enjoying trying new food? Here is your
opportunity to all of the above an more! I have created a group for people
to Exchange Recipes and the discussion of recipes. Below is the Email
address for you to subscribe To this new group. Just a friendly reminder to
also put the word subscribe in the subject line.

RecipeExchange+subscribe at groups.io
<mailto:RecipeExchange+subscribe at groups.io>

In order to cut down on some of the traffic on the NFB of SC list serve. We
have a list serve just for technology and everyone is welcome to join!
Please reframe from sending messages to technology to the NFB of SC list
serve. Below is the subscribe address for the Lets Talk Tech Email list
serve.

LetsTalkTech+subscribe at groups.io <mailto:LetsTalkTech at groups.io>

Sincerely,

Steve Cook

National Association of Guide Dog Users Board Member

District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation of the Blind of SC

President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of SC

1st Vice President of the Columbia chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of SC

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4awrn7eddQ&t=16s> Click here to view the
National Federation of the Blind of SC 2021 PSA!

The National Federation of the Blind relies on the generosity of our
supporters to help us raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. Your
support helps us live the lives we want.

The National Federation of the Blind is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization
(EIN: 02-0259978) under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.

You can be a part of our mission to help blind people live the lives we
want. Your donations assist us with distributing free white canes, provide
children with Braille and nonvisual skills instruction, introduce blind high
school students to STEM careers, advocate for the rights of blind Americans,
provide free audio newspaper services, contribute to the development of new
technology and provide scholarships to blind students

 <https://www.nfb.org/PAC> Click here to join the PAC plan!