[NFBofSC] Braille Monitor Podcast for May

kristophericrawley at gmail.com kristophericrawley at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:00:50 UTC 2022

Hello Federation family,

You can find the May edition of the Braille Monitor in podcast form below.

Contents Illustration:

Vol. 65, No. 5, May 2022

Welcome to Truth or Consequences New Orleans Site of 2022 Convention
By John Berggren

Welcoming Participants to the 2022 Jacobus tenBroek Law Symposium
By Mark Riccobono

Dan Parker and the National Federation of the Blind Make History

Chapter Chatter: Listen, Speak, Repeat
By Christine Faltz Grassman

True Vision
By Richard Ensign

The Quest for a COVID-19 Test
By Valerie Yingling

Resolution and Concerted Action: Colorado Business Enterprise Program in
Disarray
By Kevan Worley

Light in Darkness: My Journey through Depression
By Rachel Grider

A Part of the Blind Community Assists—Bringing Technology to Help in a Time
of Crisis

Commenting Without Committing: A Reminder that Members Are Part of “They”
By Gary Wunder and Danielle McCann

Announcing the 2022 NAGDU National Convention Sponsorship
By Stacie Gallegos

What do I Really Want from a Self-driving Car: Reflections on the Less
Dramatic and Life-Changing Impact of Control
By Gary Wunder

Power Up—Double Your Dollars in the Give $20 Gift Matching Campaign with
HumanWare

Resolution Reminders
By Sharon Maneki

The Russian Translator from Montan
By Peggy Chong

Van Hollen, Hyde-Smith, Peters, Portman Make Bipartisan Push for Independent
Investigation into USPS Delivery of Free Materials for the Blind &
Physically Handicapped

Our Beloved Charlie Brown

Modeling a Positive Philosophy on Blindness Today for the Teachers of
Tomorrow
By Karen Anderson

Recipes

Monitor Miniatures

Listen on Apple Podcasts:
<https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/national-federation-of-the-blind-brai
lle-monitor/id818515069?i=1000559741947>
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/national-federation-of-the-blind-brail
le-monitor/id818515069?i=1000559741947

‏وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

And may the peace, mercey, and blessings of God  be upon you.

Kristopher Idrees Crawley

 <https://certification.nvaccess.org/>
<https://www.freedomscientific.com/Training/Certification>
<https://www.zoomtext.com/learning/certification>

NFB Muslims Group
Chair: Social Media and PR Committee
Co-Chair: Arabic Braille, Outreach and Support Committees

NFB Of South Carolina
President: Communities Of Faith Division
Co-Chair: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee

“There is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab, or of a non-Arab over
an Arab, and there is no superiority of a white person over a black person
or of a black person over a white person, except on the basis of personal
piety and righteousness.” The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon
him).

“O humankind! We have created you from one man and one woman, and have made
you into peoples and nations, so that you may get to know one another, not
that you may despise one another. Indeed, the best of you in God’s sight is
the one who is most righteous, and God is all knowing, all wise..” Qur’an
49, 13.

Text/Phone: (561) 702-5014.