[NFBofSC] From The NFB In Communities Of Faith: Sharing The Sad Passing OfTom Anderson

Steve Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Wed Aug 30 23:41:18 UTC 2023

Hello to all within reach of this message.

On the e-mail list for the NFB In Communities Of Faith, it has been shared
that long-time division president Tom Anderson passed away in the late
afternoon of Tuesday, August 29.  He had been battling multiple illnesses
for a while.

Even while his body was failing, though, Tom remained busy in the service of
his Lord and dedicated to the work of the Federation.  Tom was active within
the NFB's Kansas affiliate.  I am told that up till his death, Tom was
serving also as the chair of the Christians Group within the National
Federation of the Blind.  I am reminded of the words of St. Paul as he bids
farewell to his former acolyte Timothy, anticipating a martyr's death.  "I
have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the
faith."  I am sure the same may be confidently said of Tom Anderson.

I never spent any time speaking individually with Tom, but his memory is
highly esteemed.  Spirituality matters a lot to NFB affiliates in the
Midwest.  So I just want us all to have the opportunity to honor his life in
whatever way you deem appropriate.

As of now, no announcement has been made as to a memorial service.
But the best way to stay in the know about things related to Tom Anderson is
to apply for a subscription to the Faith-Talk mailing list, found at
https://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/faith-talk_nfbnet.org.