[NFBofSC] Braille Readers Are Leaders is in the home stretch!

Jamie Allison nfbsccherokeejamie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 18:52:02 UTC 2023

Hello, all! The Braille Literacy committee is coming in hot with a quick
update...
Our January meeting was the most well-attended one so far this year. The
committee has decided to switch to holding monthly meetings instead of
bi-monthly to try to stay consistent. Visitors are always welcome and we
also encourage others who may have a particular skill set or interest in a
braille literacy related project to join in temporarily to participate even
if you don't want to be an ongoing committee member.
We are in the home stretch with the Braille Readers are Leaders contest for
2022-23. There is one more week to log minutes, so a lot can still happen!
However, the five participants that have alerted us to their participation
now have a cumulative grand total of over 11,000 minutes read! District 5
is coming in with 6,130; district 2 is close at hand with 4,131; and
district 4 is trotting after with 1,247. Will district 5 continue their
hold on the top spot or cam district 2 rally to come from behind? Stay
tuned for final results to come at the end of next week. Updates will be
coming soon as well for prize announcements as well. Until then, keep those
fingers hot on the dots!

--
Jamie R. Allison, MAAA
She/her/hers

With love, hope, and determination we, in the National Federation of the
Blind, will turn our dreams into reality!