[NFBofSC] Goalball demo for NFB students

Jim Debus vendingvanpools at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 17:17:40 UTC 2024

Dear Lauren,

        Hello, my name is Jim Debus and my reason for writing today is to
inquire  if NFB students would be interested in implementing a Goalball
program at their respective college campuses or if we could plan to conduct
a demonstration at this year’s national convention in Orlando in July. I am
interested in growing the sport to a younger audience   to help keep
 people who are blind & visually impaired physically active while promoting
a sport that I have personally benefited from as the aspects of belonging
to a team especially for an isolated population such as people with
disabilities have provided me with invaluable experiences in my life
through the forming of lifelong friendships and making of incredible
memories.

          I have included on this message Mindy Cook who plays
internationally and is a silver medalist from the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic
Games. Any assistance you and the NFB Students  would be able to provide
 would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I look forward
to hearing from you.
Regards,

Jim Debus