[NFBOH-Cleveland] More Delicious Recipes from Ronnie!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 00:14:14 UTC 2017

Subject: [blindcooks] ARUGULA, APPLE, GOAT CHEESE AND CANDIED PECAN
SALAD WITH CIDER VINAIGRETTE
ARUGULA, APPLE, GOAT CHEESE AND CANDIED PECAN SALAD WITH CIDER VINAIGRETTE
A salad worthy of a spot on your holiday table - arugula, apple, goat
cheese and candied pecan salad with cider vinaigrette.
Yield: 4 servings
For the cider vinaigrette
1 shallot, diced
3/4 cup apple cider
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
salt and black pepper, to taste
For the candied pecans
1 cup pecans
4 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
For the salad
5 oz arugula
2-3 honey crisp apples, cored and diced
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
For the cider vinaigrette, in a medium skillet, combine the shallot,
cider, and cider vinaigrette. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and
cook until reduced to ¼ cup of liquid, about 20-30 minutes. Pour the
dressing into a bowl and whisk in the olive oil and Dijon mustard.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
For the candied pecans, in a small skillet combine the pecans, brown
sugar, and maple syrup. Cook over medium-high heat, until the brown
sugar melts and starts to form a thick syrup, stirring constantly,
about 3-4 minutes. Immediately pour the pecans onto a parchment-lined
baking sheet and spread out into a single layer. Allow to cool.
In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, apple pieces, goat cheese,
and pecans. Toss with the cider vinaigrette right before serving.
SALTED MAPLE PECAN FUDGE
Servings: 36
Author: The Gunny Sack
'Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of
strength that will endure as long as life lasts.'
-Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:
Bless you, Sugar Lopez