[NFBOH-Cleveland] FW: [Ohio-talk] 2018 Flying Pig BLT Station

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 02:13:51 UTC 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Sheri Albers via
Ohio-Talk
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2018 3:41 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Cincinnati Chapter List <cinci-nfb at nfbnet.org>; NFB of Ohio
Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Sheri Albers <sheri.albers87 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-talk] 2018 Flying Pig BLT Station

Good afternoon NFBO!

It is once again time to round you all up to come down to Cincinnati for the
Flying Pig Marathon on Sunday May 6, 2018, to volunteer for the Flying Pig
BLT Station! This is a very special year for the Flying Pig Marathon, they
are celebrating their 20th anniversary and we can be proud to be a part of
it.

For this event, we will line up at Mile 9 of the Half Marathon, on Madison
Road, and cheer on runners and hand out Puffs tissues to them as they go by.
For this task, the affiliate will get paid $500! All we need to do is make
sure we have 30 members, family and friends signed up to participate.

This will be our third year manning this station and it has been a lot of
fun. For those of you who were there, you will remember how much the runners
appreciated us, not only for the tissues, but for the moral support we were
able to provide. This is a great way for us to give back to the community,
while getting the brand of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio out
in the public!

On the morning of May 6, we will meet in the GCB parking lot at 1501 Madison
Rd Cincinnati

OH 45206 at 6:30 AM. We will then walk down to our spot along Madison Rd at
Mile 9 and get ourselves ready for the runners. We are usually done by 9:30
AM. Then it's time for a hearty breakfast. More specific details will
follow.

Here are the instructions to register as a volunteer:

1) Follow the direct link below to the online volunteer registration site:

http://volunteer.getmeregistered.com/events/open_opportunities.php?id=359

2) Find and select  National Federation of the Blind of Ohio    from the
Group list

3) Complete Required Volunteer Information

4) Use blt (all lower case) as the group password when asked near the end of
the form.

5) Click "Get Me Registered" to submit your information

You will immediately receive a confirmation email.

Thank you everyone and Let's go build the Federation!

Best Regards,

Sheri Albers, Vice President

513.886.8697

Sheri.albers87 at gmail.com