[NFBOH-Cleveland] Thinking about purchasing a computer?

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 20:48:37 UTC 2018

Get a Computer
Make a Donation
Admin Login
Computers for the Blind Logo
Computers for the Blind
Opening Worlds - One Computer at a Time
Who We Are
What We Do
Contribute
Get a Computer
Movie Program
Press
Contact Us
A Little About Us
Computers for the Blind (CFTB) is a Non-Profit, volunteer organization
devoted to providing computers to persons who are blind or visually
impaired. It is our hope that each person who is visually impaired may
experience the information age in a positive and productive manner. We
believe technology opens new worlds and creates opportunity for
greater personal freedom.
We refurbish donated computers and provide accessibility software for
our clients. If you or someone you know is interested in getting a
computer, go to the next section to get quick information.
Potential Recipients
If you are in need of a computer, or are working on someone's behalf
to order one, here are some quick notes to get you started.
• Our computers are available for any visually impaired individual in
the United States
• Individuals on SSI or SSDI can qualify for a grant to lower the cost
• A parent of a child with a visual impairment can also qualify for grants
• We may ask for documents that show the person meets these requirements
• Those eligible for a grant may only request a laptop if they are
currently physically attending college
• Please familiarize yourself with our Before Applying Page as well as
What We Provide
• If you have any questions, please contact us
Download our Fact Sheet
Begin Your Application
How We Do It
We receive computers as donations from many sources. Our volunteers
clean, rebuild, upgrade and set up the computers with software
designed to give accessibility options to those who need them.
Afterwards, the computers are packaged and shipped all across the
country. It wouldn't be possible without all those who donate time and
equipment to the cause.
Computers for the Blind Refurbishing Center
Learn about Donations
Learn about our Process
Our Beginnings
Bob Langford was blinded in an accident at age 16. Instead of
quitting, he worked hard to achieve many things. He graduated from
high school, then continued until he earned a Doctorate's Degree in
Vocational Rehabilitation. Later in life, Bob received his first
computer and discovered how computers could overcome many obstacles.
He wanted to share this gift with others and started what would become
Computers for the Blind.
Bob Langford, Founder of Computers for the Blind
Read More about Bob's Journey
Thoughts From Our Clients
I have published 3 books
A big thank you to everyone for all that you have done for me. With
the help of the software on the computer, I have been able to write
and publish 3 books.
Michael C
06-2017
Read More Success Stories
Photos
Some days are full at the center, while on others we have a little
more elbow room. But there is always room for more!
Our Volunteers
Some days are full at the center, while on others we have a little
more elbow room. But there is always room for more!
Previous
Next
Contact us!
Computers for the Blind