[NFBOH-Cleveland] Ohio Shared Living

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 13:58:54 UTC 2018

Hello!

My name is Rachael Kahle.  I am a Mentor Recruiter for the Ohio Shared
Living Program through REM Ohio.  I was inquiring if the Ohio Shared Living
program could be featured in a newsletter or e-mail list with the Ohio
Association of the Blind.  We are seeking compassionate Mentors for our
program.  Our program carefully matches a full-time, in-home caregiver,
which we call a Mentor, with an adult with developmental disabilities.  The
goal is that the individual and the mentor form a relationship, and that the
individual becomes a meaningful part of their family and community.  It is
also a source of income for our Mentors, all while making a significant
difference in an individual's life. This is also an important opportunity
for family members that care for their loved ones in their home, as a way of
receiving supplemental income to support their needs.

If this program would interest any of your members, I would love to discuss
the opportunities more.  As a Mentor Recruiter, I am willing to do anything
from a formal presentation to small groups, a bulletin board post, or a
coffee social.

More information here:  http://www.makeadifferenceathome.com/host-home/

Please feel free to call me at (614) 367-1370 ext. 5601 if you have any
questions.  You can also e-mail me at your convenience.

Thank you so much for your time!

Sincerely,

Rachael Kahle

Mentor Recruiter