[NFBOH-Cleveland] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] FW: Communications work session at convention

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 22:42:12 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Andrews via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 10:48 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] FW: Communications work session at convention
To: <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

Dear Fellow Federationists:

The Communications Team at the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan
Institute cordially invites conventioneers to our Q&A and work session
planned for Thursday, July 5. It will take place from 4:30 to 6:30 in
Suwannee 13, Level 2, at the convention hotel. Each affiliate should
consider sending someone to this event. You may already have a person
designated to handle affiliate communications; if not, this is a good
opportunity to designate someone and send them to a relaxed, informal
gathering to help them hit the ground running!

This is an opportunity for you to meet, interact, and work directly with
the staff Communications Team and your fellow communications leaders
throughout the organization, and to discuss ways to enhance communications
of all kinds. We’ll discuss branding, public relations, messaging,
marketing materials, emails, logos, social media, and more. Feel free to
bring not only your questions, but also your own ideas. It is all our
efforts that make the message of the National Federation of the Blind a
powerful force for changing the lives of blind people everywhere.

We will also be able to provide you with direct assistance in updating your
affiliate’s social media accounts and website, so bring your laptop and/or
mobile device if you have one, along with your social media or website
credentials, as appropriate.

Again, this is an informal work session, so feel free to come for the whole
thing or just drop by for a few minutes depending on your schedule. We know
how busy convention is!

If you have questions you want us to be sure and address specifically to
meet your needs, please send them to communicationsteam at nfb.org.

We look forward to seeing you on July 5 in Orlando!

Cordially,

Kirsten Mau, Director of Marketing and Communications

National Federation of the Blind

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.

Director of Public Relations

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org

Twitter: @rlawyer

[image: National Federation of the Blind] <https://nfb.org/>

                         [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>    [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>    [image: Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we
work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_5078722680623321353_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
List archives:  <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>
goto
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/cherylelaine1957%40gmail.com
--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life
when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood