[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cudell Snippets Newsletter--Points of Interest

milenacleve at roadrunner.com milenacleve at roadrunner.com
Sat Jun 30 03:24:58 UTC 2018

HomeBusinessMy AccountSupportTV ListingsWatch TVSecurityAbout UsLog Out

Time Warner Cable High Speed Cable

Inbox (10)

Drafts (1)

Sent Mail

Deleted Items (24)

Junk Mail (2)

Manage Folders

important e-mails

READ MESSAGE

Usage

0% of 5000.0 MB

Compose

Get Mail

Search Mail

Address Book

Settings

Log Out

Deleted one message

View Header

Report SPAM

Printable View

Move to:DraftsSent MailDeleted Itemsimportant e-mails[New Folder]

 << Prev| Next >>

 Cudell Improvement, Inc. <cudell at cudell.com>
  milenacleve at roadrunner.com

Subject: June 29, 2018
 Snippets! eNewsletter
Inside This Issue
JUNE 29, 2018

FREE RIDE ON THE GOODTIME FOR SENIOR CITIZENS

FINDING LOST PETS

THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN CALLING 9-1-1

EDGEWATER PARK KIOSK SIGNAGE

THE CLEVELAND POLICE FOUNDATION

CHANGES AHEAD

HOLIDAY CLOSING

FREE RIDE ON THE GOODTIME FOR SENIOR CITIZENS

The Department of Recreation is hosting the Senior Boat ride on the GoodTime this year again.  These rides are free to city of Cleveland Seniors.

Dates for the rides:

Tuesday July 10

Tuesday July 24th

Tuesday August 7th

Boarding time begins at 2:30 p.m. and the boat returns at 5:00 p.m.

To sign up for the boat ride, please direct seniors to their local recreation center. Recreation Center managers will attempt to arrange transportation for large groups.

For further information feel free to contact Aaron Johnson in the Rec Department at 216-664-2321.

FINDING LOST PETS

http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/CityofCleveland/Home/Government/CityAgencies/PublicSafety/AnimalControl/Services

Owners of Lost Pets: Important Information

Those looking for lost pets are asked to NOT solely rely on the website listed above. This site is simply one tool to assist owners when they can't visit the kennel. Otherwise, they are asked to come as often as possible, preferably daily but at least once every three business days. It is the owner's responsibility to come in person and look through the kennel.

The list of animals displays only live animals that were picked up by an animal control officer or brought in by concerned citizens. Seized animals, transfers from other shelters, and owner surrenders are not shown here.

Typically, the list of animals is updated/refreshed hourly. However, there are occasions when the site may go offline or is not updated due to maintenance. Users may verify when an animal's listing was last updated/refreshed by clicking on the animal's thumbnail image and reading the description to the right of the larger photo. For example, if it reads, "This information is 1 hour old," the website was updated/refreshed an hour ago. This does NOT mean that the animal arrived an hour ago.

Owners who find lost pets on this website, should call 216.664.3069.

Important Information Regarding Found Animals

The kennel holds strays for a minimum of 72 hours in order to give owners the opportunity to look for and claim the pet. However, an animal may be euthanized immediately if it is suffering from a medical condition or injury. Once the holding period has ended, an animal may be placed for adoption if it passes evaluation.  If an animal is not placed for adoption in the kennel, it may be sent to a rescue group or transferred to another shelter. However, if an animal does not pass evaluation, it may be euthanized.

While the list of animals is updated/refreshed hourly, owners are strongly urged to check our shelter in person, particularly for their own peace of mind. Photos on this website are not guaranteed to do justice to an animal, and descriptions provided may not match the owners. Breed identifications listed are a "best guess" and may be different than the way the owner identifies the pet.

Once at the kennel, owners should check in at the front counter where they will be guided through the process and kennel areas.

THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN CALLING 9-1-1

In an emergency, location is the number one thing dispatchers say you need to be ready to give them.

People sometimes assume that your location pops up on a map as soon as an emergency dispatcher answers the phone. Not necessarily true. If you’re calling on a mobile phone, they do not have the exact spot. Newer model mobile phones may give them general location information but not exact addresses. Older phone models would not have that information at all. An exact address is best, or a street and nearby cross street. If you don’t know those, try to provide landmarks to help dispatchers send help.

EDGEWATER PARK KIOSK SIGNAGE

Thanks so much to local resident Jeff Blazek for stepping up and refining the suggested signage for the WEST BLVD. & LAKE AVE.  EDGEWATER PARK Kiosk (wayfinding) signage that is part of the Lakefront West Project.   Jeff did an exceptional job of putting all the historical pieces together for one of several kiosks along the Lakefront all purpose path when I was too ill to really get it done.  Jeff is an amazing volunteer including his work with the Local Design Review Committee.  And he is always smiling, too.

The Cleveland Police Foundation Newsletter

Become a Friend… of the Cleveland Police Foundation
and Support Our Mission

Our mission is to strengthen the bonds between the Cleveland
Division of Police and the citizens it serves, working together
to make our city safer for all. To accomplish that goal, the CPF
works proactively to support and invest in programs,
community policing initiatives and engagement, events that
foster stronger relationships between citizens and police
officers, and police charities.

Your participation will make a direct impact on the future of our
community and give you a sense of pride knowing you are an
official  FRIEND of the Cleveland Police Foundation.

Please make checks payable to Cleveland Police
Foundation. Contributions to the CPF are tax
deductible under section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS code.

Basic membership starts at $25.00.

Go to http://www.clevelandpolicefoundation.org/friends/#join

Mail to:
Cleveland Police Foundation
2301 Payne Ave., Suite 201
Cleveland, OH 44114

CHANGES AHEAD

As of June 30, 2018, there will no longer be an Executive Director of Cudell Improvement, Inc.  Due to the Strategic Alliance with DSCDO, and to funding cuts, there is no budget to fund an Executive Director position for Cudell.  Cudell staff will be supervised by a Program Manager shared with DSCDO.

I will be available for a short term winding up reports and paperwork and then transitioning into a close by office where I will continue to be the Executive Director of WEBCO (as I have been for the past 30 years).   Soon I will circulate a new email and phone number for those that would like to stay in touch as I continue my foreverwork in the west side of Cleveland communities.  You are all forever in my heart.   Anita

 THE OFFICES OF CUDELL IMPROVEMENT, INC. WILL BE CLOSED ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2018 IN OBSERVANCE OF INDEPENDENCE DAY.