[NFBOH-Cleveland] Looking for a job - Please help if you can with all you can. Thanks a lot in advance!!!
ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 13:48:55 UTC 2018
My name is Ali Benmerzouga, from Cleveland-Ohio, an NFB member since 2015 or so (Suzanne Turner is my Chapter President), legally blind (20/500) since 2012, unemployed since 2011, a Hadley Institute student since 2014 and actively looking for a job through Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) through a job developer since 2015, I believe.
The following is a short version of my resume:
* I have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (Electronics), A master in Systems Engineering, another master in Operations Research and a PhD in Operations Research. (I earned my two masters and the PhD from Case Western Reserve University (CWRU), Cleveland, Ohio, USA.)
* More than twenty years college teaching experience in mathematics and Statistics.
* Currently tutoring students in mathematics. This option is really not a reliable income source - I haven't seen any students for the last 16 months or so. I did post my tutoring services on Craigslist since early 2014 and continuously updating/refreshing them to attract students but to no avail.
* Since May 2016 and with the help of OOD, I am an independent contractor of North Coast Education Services (NCES) at Solon, Ohio. I have been awarded the 2017 NCES Tutor of the year and my story was told/published in a local Solon newspaper.
* I can also serve as a student adviser in academia, a curriculum designer/developer, project supervisor as well as a lecturer/speaker about many subjects/issues related to visually impaired individuals like me that I have learned about from the thirty courses or so that I successfully finished at Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
* I do use the computer extensively through Windows 10 using JAWS 2018 as my screen reader, additionally, I use Outlook email, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Microsoft Excel 2016, Microsoft Word 2016, etc. Also, I do use my iPhone for calling and texting and some
other features through Siri and Voiceover.
* I do read, write and speak Arabic and French fluently.
* I do read and write braille grade 1 and 2. I am currently a Braille Mentor for the last six months or so (a program organized by Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) and The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), Ohio.)
* I am currently a student at Hadley. As I mentioned above, I have taken numerous courses and lately I have been selected to be the recipient of the 2018 Hadley Student Award that I will receive during their ceremony in mid-October 2018. I believe my story is going to be published in Hadley’s magazine or a local newspaper.
* I read lots of digital talking books (all kinds.) I love learning new stuff. I am a member of Cleveland Sight Center Book Discussion Group. I watch TV (Sports, and News.)
* I do exercise 3 to 4 times a week using my treadmill in the basement. I am a
good runner. Let me know if you want to compete! (Smiley face.)
The above are some highlights of my background, experience, what I can do and my potentials.
I would really appreciate your help, advice and guidance in helping me land a job and gain my financial independence again that I have lost in mid-2011 due to my blindness.
Feel free to ask in case of any questions. I can provide my resume and cover letter, if requested by any potential employer.
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and wish me good luck in my job hunt. I really need it!
Thank you so much for your help and understanding in advance.
Have a great Labor Day weekend.
Ali Benmerzouga, PhD
440-590-0315 – cell.
Email: ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com<mailto:ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com>
===Replies to my NFB Job email.
Since I do not want to get in O.T. trouble, I will give you my personal e-mail address for you to contact me re. questions you may have for me and my job/employment experience since I have been blind.
My home e-mail address is
sm.atkinson at comcast.net<mailto:sm.atkinson at comcast.net> and
my home phone number is
Please do not hezedate to call or e-mail me.
End of Entry.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NFBOH-Cleveland