[NFBOH-Cleveland] From The NFB of Ohio Membership Committee

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 18:35:55 UTC 2019

Ohio,

This morning I had the pleasure of listening to the National Federation of
the Blind, Presidential Release, and President Riccobono explained several
reasons why the organization say and do, "what we do and why we do it".
Therefore, I have a suggestion and a question for you all.

First, Everyone should take advantage of reading or listening to the monthly
Presidential Release. We should not rely on Chapter Presidents to do this
for us. We all are members and our leaders  do all they can to keep us
informed and up-to-date on the happenings. Moreover, I too have not played
the releases every month in the Cleveland Chapter. However, I do listen each
and every month providing a summery for my members. This is not to say, that
I am exempt. So, I need to do better. Not only that,  Our Affiliate
President, Richard Payne made a similar request a few weeks ago to play it
during Chapter meetings as well.

"I pledge to actively participate in the efforts of playing the Presidential
Release in my Chapter meetings."

And now for my question.

Secondly, President Ricco Bono explained why the organization uses the word
"blind". Do you know why?

He gave a great explanation and I have a better outlook of how inclusive the
term "blind" is, and I know when you find out what it is, you too will be
enlightened. I am sure that you are curious! Read it!

You can obtain access to the Presidential Release by the internet, Newsline
and Alexa. I prefer Alexa. However, If you need assistance, reach out to
your Chapter President or the Ohio Membership Committee.

Thank you for reading!

Dr. Carolyn Peters, Membership Committee, Co-Chair

(937) 657-5134

Dr.Carolyn.Peters at gmail.com

Suzanne Hartfield-Turner, Membership Committee, Co-Chair

(216) 990-6199