[NFBOH-Cleveland] National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, Cleveland Chapter, Introduce, Mambo, a 5-year-old Yellow Labrador Retriever, Celebrating Guide Dog Awareness

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 21:32:54 UTC 2019

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, Cleveland Chapter

Introduce, Mambo, a 5-year-old Yellow Labrador Retriever

Celebrating Guide Dog Awareness

Hi, my name is Pascal, I am an 11-year-old Black Labrador Retriever and I
worked as a guide dog for Deanna Lewis for almost 6 years. After working for
several years, I decided that I no longer enjoyed the job and it was too
stressful for me. So, in 2015, I passed the baton/harness off to a young
whipper-snapper named Mambo. He could take on all the responsibilities of
being a guide dog, and I was got to move in with my Grandma and Grandpa to
enjoy my retirement. I couldn't be happier!

Pascal, thank you for introducing me! I'll take it over from here!

Howdy, my name is Mambo, I am a 5-year-old Yellow Labrador Retriever who
loves being a guide dog! I have the best job in the world. I get to go to
many cool places with my Mommy; work, stores, restaurants, hotels,
hospitals, church, parks, the beach, in cabs, on buses, on planes, and so
much more!

Although, I think my favorite place to be at is work, as I have my own bed
underneath Mom's desk where I can stretch out and sleep all day. I love my
naps, but I'm always ready to go on our next adventure! I really enjoy being
a guide dog, my tail constantly wags while I am working.

Hello Federationist!

, my name is Deanna and I have been blessed to have been a guide dog user
for 10 years. My boys, Pascal and Mambo have greatly enriched my life and
have given me more independence and the freedom to continue doing the things
I enjoy. They both were exactly the dog that I needed at the given time in
my life.  I can't imagine not having a guide dog by my side; they've really
helped me achieve a life that is truly rewarding.

Pascal and Mambo, two Federationist in the Movement!