[NFBOH-Cleveland] National Federation of the Blind of Ohio-Cleveland Chapter July Meeting

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 19:12:41 UTC 2019

Cleveland,

I trust that your July has been wonderful and full of excitement.

Well, it is time for our Americans With Disabilities (ADA) Celebration.

The Cleveland Chapter's Legislative Committee has planned our meeting event
for this Friday, July 19, 2019 at the Cleveland Sight Center. We will meet
at the address of 1909 E. 101st Street, from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. If you are
unable to physically attend, please call in at (216) 658-4532.

As a reminder, if you want to order food prior to the meeting, please join
me at 2:00 PM; which is an hour before the meeting.

Note! Please make your selection of a restaurant of where you would like to
order prior to arrival. This will make things much simpler. I will provide
near restaurants if you call me one day before the meeting; which is
Thursday.

Also, if you have not reserved your seat on the Cleveland bus to our 2019
State of Ohio Convention, please do so with the nonrefundable fee of $25.00.
The remainder of the cost will be due on August 16, 2019. The total fee is
$65.00 for the round trip. We will leave on November 1, 2019 and return on
November 3, 2019.

The 2019 State of Ohio Convention will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton,
Columbus/Worthington, Columbus Ohio. The cost of the rooms are $89.00 per
night which includes breakfast. If you have not made reservations, call
(614) 885-3444 and give them the name of "NFB State Convention".

Cleveland, the Popcorn is back and ready to be delivered or picked-up.
Please give me a call if you would like to come to my home to do so. Also,
please bring a sighted person to assist or call the facilitator; which is
Wilbert Turner at (216) 212-4959. Cleveland will provide those who were
unable to participate with a date in September to sale popcorn that will
provide funding for Cleveland's treasury.

Attached are two National Initiatives that will be discussed with our
visitors who will represent Congresswomen Kaptur's and Fudge's
Administration. We are hopeful that Senator Brown's Administration will join
us as well. Please read the two documents to become familiar; so that we
will properly represent the NFB with a sound and ethical dialog. The Ohio
Affiliate President, his Legislative Team and Greater Cuyahoga and Greater
Akron Chapters have been invited to join us as well!

Finally, the happenings at the 2019 National Convention will be presented at
the Friday's meeting by some of the attendees.

So, make your scheduled transportation for Friday and share this information
with other Cleveland Chapter members.

Suzanne Hartfield-Turner, President

NFBOH-Cleveland Chapter

C: (216) 990-6199