[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Announcements

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 16:54:50 UTC 2019

Good Morning Cleveland,

I trust that your participation at this years convention was a great one.
And, for all who were unable to join us, we do hope that next year will be
an opportunity for you to do So.

Congratulations! You have done it again! We are the proud recipients of the
2019 Gavel Award! Thank you all for your dedication, participation and
commitment!

Now, I am requesting your understanding of a situation that occurred this
past Sunday at the Convention. There is a resolution that passed in regards
to the Dockless Scooters. As most of you know, one of my leadership
abilities is "compassion". In my opinion, if you do not have compassion for
people, then you can not see their perspective from those to whom you lead.
Without all of the details from the meeting, we must do a better job of
reading, listening and comprehending resolutions, emails and other pertinent
information to ensure we have the facts and can relay  that information. I
commit to you that I will do a better job of this myself.

As for this resolution, Barbara and Eric are revising the document to
include the EBikes. We will discuss this further at our November meeting
next week. In addition, Cleveland along with additional members across the
state will participate with us at the meeting with the City of Cleveland on
the Dockless Scooters and the EBikes. If you have questions, do not email
me. Please call me for now on if you have questions; so that I can interpret
that information for your understanding.

Secondly, Cleveland has an opportunity to be a vendor at the Cleveland
Cavaliers game in March. There are a few requirements that we must meet in
order to pull this off. So, this as well will be discussed next week.

Please join me on Thursday's for a Toastmasters Club at the Downtown
Cleveland Public Library. Learning is fundamental and the key to success.
The sessions will offer tips and the opportunity to learn or build
confidence in Public Speaking. Thus, think of it on the basis of having the
ability to express yourself, improve comprehension and learn to communicate
more effectively. I will meet you there starting Thursday, November 14, 2019
at noon. The address is 525 Superior Avenue NE, Cleveland, Ohio 44114.

Finally we will have elections next week. If you would like to be considered
for a position, give Evelyn a call at 216-851-7226. However, if you are
nominating someone from the floor, please speak to them first.

Note! Cheryl and Natasha will announce where our Christmas party will be as
well next week.

President, Richard Payne announced that the deadline to inform him of your
interest to attend the Washington Seminar is December 1, 2019. Email or call
him at, (937) 829-3368 or Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com> .

That is all for now!

Suzanne

Suzanne Hartfield-Turner, President