[NFBOH-Cleveland] Must Reade dates have changed due to unforeseen reasons.

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 21:02:35 UTC 2019

>From President, Richard Payne.

2020 National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Committees

Listed below are the committee descriptions for 2020. At this point, all
committee positions need to be filled. This means if you chaired or served
on a committee in 2019, you cannot assume that you will automatically be
placed there for 2020. There will be no exceptions. Please let me know which
committees you would like to serve on by November 26th and this also applies
to letting me know if you would like to be considered for the Washington
seminar. If you want to chair a committee, you need to tell me why you
believe you should hold this position. Remember, I am always looking for
committed leadership that can bring energy and creative new ideas to the
committees.

2020 NFBO Committee Descriptions

AWARDS COMMITTEE
Charge: To oversee the awards process, to provide information and feedback
when necessary, and to make reasonable judgments about NFBO awards.

BELL ACADEMY COMMITTEE
Charge: To organize the bell Academy and plan efficient ways to promote and
execute this very important program.

COMMUNITY SERVICE COMMITTEE
Charge: To educate the Ohio Affiliate about the professional and personal
benefits of community service, to encourage chapters, divisions, and
individuals to participate in projects in their communities, to encourage
members to identify or develop and implement their own service projects, and
to educate  the public about NFB philosophy and the skills and abilities
blind people bring to community service

CONSTITUTION COMMITTEE
Charge: To make sure that all NFBO constitutions are in compliance with the
state and national constitutions, both philosophically and rhetorically.

CONVENTION COORDINATOR
Charge: To assist and advise the president in the planning and logistics of
our state convention and to provide additional assistance in planning and
executing affiliate activities at national convention.

DEAF-BLIND COORDINATOR
Charge: To aid and provide information to those who are in this unique
community and to serve as a vehicle to foster a positive relationship for
the deaf-blind community. In 2020 the coordinator will assist the affiliate
in forming a Deaf-Blind Division and recruiting members.

EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Charge: To advise the president about policies, legislation, strategies, and
initiatives in which NFBO should be engaged to improve educational
opportunities for blind youth throughout the state.

FINANCING THE MOVEMENT COMMITTEE including (SUN coordinator, Jernigan Fund
coordinator, PAC coordinator)
Charge: To make members aware of these specific organizational fundraising
opportunities and to implement strategies to increase participation.

FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
Charge: To investigate additional opportunities to increase NFB-O resources
and to implement effective fundraising strategies and programming.

LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
Charge: To increase the organization's visibility and effectiveness in the
state legislature and to continue to support our efforts in Washington
throughout the year.

MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
Charge: To implement effective strategies to recruit and retain members and
to reinvigorate the chapters and divisions of NFBO.

PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY COMMITTEE
Charge: To develop content and suggest creative ways to promote NFBO
branding. Responsibilities include; research audience preferences and
discover current trends, create engaging text, image and video content,
design posts to sustain readers' curiosity and create buzz around new
issues, stay up to date with changes in all social platforms ensuring
maximum effectiveness, train leaders how to use social media in a cohesive
and beneficial way, develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web
traffic and engagement, and oversee social media accounts.

RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE
Charge: To oversee the submission process and to write and distribute
clearly articulated and philosophically sound resolutions.

SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Charge: To conduct the affiliate scholarship program and to develop and
implement effective strategies to increase the visibility of the program and
increase participation.

VEHICLE DONATION COMMITTEE:
Charge: To facilitate the process and promote the NFB Vehicle Donation
Program throughout the state.

WEBSITE AND NEWSLINE COMMITTEE
Charge: To assist with updating the web page content, as well as, promoting
and advertising NEWSLINE. Members on this committee should be proficient
computer users.

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>