[NFBOH-Cleveland] A Word For You

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 02:59:27 UTC 2019

Sunday is Grandparents Day

by Adelmo Vigil, NFB of New Mexico

"My wife and I have seven grandchildren and one great-grandchild. They help
to round out what has been an absolutely wonderful life for me. I feel
fortunate that blindness did not stop me from living.Dreams can drive us,
and acting on those dreams really can get us where we want to go. Let's go
there together and bring with us everybody we can." - Adelmo Vigil, NFB of
New Mexico

This Sunday is Grandparents Day and it is an opportunity to engage with
other generations, recognize blind people who have raised strong families,
and "do something grand." We hope you'll join us in celebrating the
grandparents that are part of the Federation family.

To celebrate Grandparents Day, you can:

1.	Learn more about this year
<https://grandparentsday.org/takeaction/week-at-a-glance/> 's theme and
participate in an intergenerational activity.
2.	Give a gift in honor <https://nfb.org/donate>  of a grandparent in
your life.
3.	Leave a legacy gift
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/ways-give/planned-giving>  to transform dreams
into reality for future generations.
4.	Share information about the NFB Seniors Division
<http://seniors.nfb.org/> .

The National Federation of the Blind knows that grandparents often play a
pivotal role in the vitality of their families, and blind seniors are
capable and important contributors to our community. Please join us in
honoring them on Grandparents Day and every day!