[NFBOH-Cleveland] Amazon Alexa Commands

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:48:33 UTC 2020

Thanks Jim:

///

Amazon Alexa Command Sheet

June 24, 2019

NFB-NEWSLINER subscribers can access NFB-NEWSLINE hands-free on any Amazon
Alexa product, including Echo and Echo Dot. Below are some sample commands
for accessing and using the skill.

Getting Started

*	Say "Alexa open National Federation" then "Alexa ask National
Federation to log in."
*	Be sure to clearly state "log in" for best results.
*	Next, you will be asked to provide your subscriber identification
number and security code.

Selecting Content, Navigating Sections and Articles

*	Alexa can help you select and move through publications easily with
a variety of commands. Here are a few to get you started:

*	"Alexa ask National Federation to read The New York Times."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to read The Wall Street Journal."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to go to next section."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to go to previous section."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to list publications from Texas."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation what sections are available."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to list issues."

*	Move through articles by simply saying "Alexa Next" or "Alexa
Previous." (Please note that all other commands need to begin with "Alexa
ask National Federation.")

Voice Selection

*	"Alexa ask National Federation to change voice."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to use voice Paul."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to use voice Kate."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to use voice Eloquence."

Changing the Speed of the Reading Voice

*	"Alexa ask National Federation to read a little faster."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to read a little slower."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to read much faster."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to read much slower."

Emailing an Article, Section or Publication

*	"Alexa ask National Federation to email me this article."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to email me this section."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to email me this publication."

Adding Favorites

*	"Alexa ask National Federation to add this to my favorites."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to list my favorites."
*	"Alexa ask National Federation to delete this from my favorites."

Getting Help

In order to listen to a recording of a training session on the use of the
Amazon Echo with the NFB-NEWSLINE skill that was conducted earlier this
year, please use the command "Alexa ask National Federation to give me
instructions."

For more assistance, please call 866-504-7300 or send an email to
nfbnewsline at nfb.org.

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO)

Suzanne Turner, Ohio Affiliate Vice President

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216) 990-6199

Please click on the links below to learn more about the organization

The Ohio Affiliate

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

"Live the life you want" featuring, National President, Mark Riccobono

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share

Visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!

<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/>
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

blindness is not what holds you back.