[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Updates!

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 01:25:35 UTC 2020

Greeting Members!

I hope you are staying cool and refreshed.

Here are your announcements for 08/10/2020.

If you know of anyone who does not have email, have them go to the Cleveland
Voice Box on tomorrow for these announcements.

T: 641-715-3900

Ex: 582705

First, please keep Cleveland members in your prayers and good thoughts.
Norma Turner's son passed away, Cheryl Fields cousin passed away, Regina
Mason's uncle passed away, Rita Jinimez brother passed away   and, Renee
ArringtonJohnson, nephew was a victim of a robbery and he passed as well. We
are sending you all blessings and peace. God is faithful and he will provide
everything you need at this time. If you need anything, please reach out to
the membership.

Also, Cecil Dukes, Davette Payne, Sarah Bishop  and Rosa Jones are in the
healing process. Keep them as well in your hearts!

Congratulations! To Brooke Dowdy and David Gray. They are expecting a
princess in January, Emma Sophia Gray. Brooke and David, we are so elated to
have a new addition to the Cleveland membership. We can not wait to meet
Princess Emma.

///

Cleveland and members, please attend the Informational Webinar on Thursday,
August, 13, 2020 at 11:00AM to 1:00 PM. I have inserted the agenda below.
Thank you to Sandy, Renee and Gloria as they have stepped up and is taking
the lead on this spectacular endeavor. It will be on Zoom.

///

The Cleveland Chapter annual Monthly Meeting is on Friday, August 21, 2020
from 5:00 to 6:00 PM. We will use the Ohio Conference Line:

Call: 712-775-7031

Code: 240281423

///

Announcement from our Affiliate President, Richard Payne,

Ohio,

We only have 32 people that have registered for the state convention and all
of you have received the request to go ahead and do this. Would you take the
time out to get registered so that we can plan for your arrival?

Visit www.nfbohio.org <http://www.nfbohio.org>  <http://www.nfbohio.org>

///

Here is an announcement from Annette Lutz on convention Door prizes and
more.

I just wanted to remind everybody of a couple of issues regarding our
upcoming virtual state convention.

First of all, even though this convention  will be conducted virtually, we
are still going to have a lot of wonderful door prizes for everybody to try
and win. But, in order to have these door prizes, we need contributions. So,
this is a reminder to have all of your chapters divisions and individual
gifts To be considered. Please give generously, the more door prizes we
have, the more likely each of us are able to win!

Also, for chapter and division presidents, the gavel information will be
coming out shortly. Please start thinking about the different items you will
be putting on your gavel questionnaires. And, for all of the membership,
please let your chapter presidents know Of all the wonderful things you are
doing on behalf of the Federation and on behalf of blind people. We know
this year the awards ceremony at our virtual banquet will be spectacular.

Thank you to all that you do, and let's go build the Federation!

Annette Lutz

President

Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

614-288-4323

President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com <mailto:President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com>

///

A: Here are two announcements from Kinshuk Tella

Hello fellow federation members! Do you enjoy singing? Expressing yourself
through poetry or spoken word? Play an instrument? If you answered yes to
any of these questions then come be a part of this year's Ohio affiliate
state convention virtual choir, The Ohio Visionaries! The deadline cutoff to
sign up is Friday August 14th. Please fill out the google form attached to
this email so that we can have an idea of what you'd like to do. We will
have our first group meeting on August 14th. If you have any questions
please reach out to:

Kinshuk, Emily, or Jessica

Here is the link to the google form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgrdzLCQX9K955GsjRWk1hz5R78slF40LR
dI6w28P-s6fWRg/viewform?vc=0
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgrdzLCQX9K955GsjRWk1hz5R78slF40L
RdI6w28P-s6fWRg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1> &c=0&w=1

If you are unable to access the form, I have attached the questions below,
feel free to email back with responses.

We look forward to creating music with you!

What is your name and contact info?

Do you sing? If so, what range are you in?