[NFBOH-Cleveland] Happenings at Highbrook - August Edition. Special Announcement

Jenny Schaeffer JSchaeffer at ClevelandSightCenter.org
Mon Aug 10 20:05:00 UTC 2020

Hello,
Please see attached for our latest edition of Happenings at Highbrook. Included in this edition is an important announcement from Camp Manager Jenny Schaeffer and our schedule of virtual events for August.
Plain text is also included below.

Thank you,
Jenny and the Leisure and Lifestyle Services Team

________________________________

Dear Highbrook Lodge Community,
I am writing to share with you that I have made the difficult decision to resign from my position at Cleveland Sight Center (CSC). I will no longer be serving as the Camp Manager for Highbrook Lodge, nor will I be assisting with any Recreation activities or other programs that are led by the Leisure and Lifestyle Services team moving forward.

Please know that my decision to leave my position was driven by personal reasons. I have determined that now is the time for me to move back to my home community (Pittsburgh, PA). Being that I’ll still be in close proximity to Cleveland, I am hopeful that when Covid-19 abates that I will be able to visit CSC and Highbrook Lodge in the near future so we can be together again.

It has been such a pleasure and joy to meet all of you. I will sincerely miss our campers, your families, and each of the clients I have been fortunate enough to work with. I will always think of my time at Highbrook Lodge fondly, and I will cherish the memories we made together.

Cleveland Sight Center remains committed to the mission of our Leisure and Lifestyles Services department, which is to provide enriching experiences designed to empower those living with vision loss so that they may have more opportunities to encounter moments of friendship, joy, and solidarity.

In the coming months, CSC will continue to work towards providing virtual recreational programming that clients can participate in by joining us over the phone or online. Thank you in advance for your understanding during this transition and we hope that you will participate in these activities when able, so that you can stay on as an active member of our vibrant community.

Please be sure to keep up-to-date with all of the happenings at Highbrook Lodge and with our CSC community.

                Like Highbrook Lodge on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/HighbrookLodge
                Like Cleveland Sight Center on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/clevelandsightcenter
                Visit our Website for updates at: https://clevelandsightcenter.org/highbrook-lodge
                Call our Recreation Line at: (216) 658- 4600

To get in touch with the camp team, please email: camp at clevelandsightcenter.org<mailto:camp at clevelandsightcenter.org>
Or if you need immediate assistance, you can reach out to Susie Meles at smeles at clevelandsightcenter.org<mailto:smeles at clevelandsightcenter.org>
Until we meet again,
Jenny Schaeffer

AUGUST SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
All Programs are virtual via Zoom or by Phone

Weekly Programs:

  1.  Yoga                                                                      (8/11, 8/18, 8/25)

Tuesdays, 5:00pm —6:15pm

  1.  Coffee Chats                                                      (8/12, 8/19, 8/26)

Wednesdays, 10:00am – 11:00am
Additional Programs:

  1.  Youth Social Hour

Thursday, August 13th at 2:00pm – 3:00pm

  1.  Adult Social Hour

Thursday, August 14th at 4:00pm – 5:00pm

  1.  Jeopardy (Adults)

Thursday, August 20th at 4:00pm – 5:00pm

  1.  Sing it Out (Adults)

Thursday, August 27th at 4:00pm – 5:00pm

Login information for Yoga:
Link:  https://bit.ly/2DGNWBw
Phone Number: 1 (646) 558 8656
Meeting ID: 879 6594 8128 #
Participant ID: #
Password: 773059 #

Login information for All Other Programs:
Link: https://bit.ly/2CyWVnK
Phone Number: 1 (646) 558 8656
Meeting ID: 392 966 7319 #
Participant ID: #
Password: 4596 #

CSC’s main offices are open during regular business hours. Services to clients are available by appointment only – please call ahead for an in-person or virtual appointment at 216-791-8118.

Our Mission: To empower people with vision loss to realize their full potential and to shape the community's vision of that potential.

This email including any attachments, is private and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain copyrighted, confidential, protected healthcare information and or privileged information otherwise protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail and destroy all copies of the original message.