[NFBOH-Cleveland] 2020 State of Ohio Convention Announcement

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 22:45:24 UTC 2020

	National Federation of the Blind of Ohio(NFBO)
2020 State of Ohio Convention Announcement

Now that the Holidays are behind us and the 2020 has rolled in. The first
order of business is to provide you with the location of the 2020 National
Federation of the Blind State of Ohio Convention.

First, thank you for working alongside of the Ohio Affiliate on important
activities of 2019. It has been a productive and successful year and I am
optimistic that 2020 will exceed our expectations. We are also wishing each
and every one a safe, happy and prosperous New Year!

As some of you know, our Affiliate president has been working on a location
for the 2020 State of Ohio Convention. This announcement is to inform you
that the location has been confirmed.

Here is the announcement by the Ohio Affiliate President, Richard Payne.

It is my pleasure to provide you with information on our location for the
2020 NFBO State Convention. Although, it took some time to secure, I wanted
to ensure that all of our needs were met. It is important to me that every
member and those who wish to attend have an opportunity to come and partake
of all that the convention and the federation has to offer.

Subsequently, the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio provides
encouragement and motivation to families with blind children and to people
who are losing vision or have become blind later in life. The Convention
will be an opportunity for participants to learn about accessible technology
from our Technology Fair, tips on living with blindness by attending
educational seminars and more.

The 2020 Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
(NFBOH) will be the largest gathering of blind people in the state.
Therefore, I encourage you to begin making preparations to be there the
weekend of November 6th, 7th and 8th of 2020.  Our 74th Convention will be
held at the Crowne Plaza Dayton Hotel; located at 33 E. Fifth Street,
Dayton, Ohio    45402. Room rates are $109.00 with a 13.50% tax per night,
which includes a hot buffet breakfast. The Crowne Plaza Dayton is in the
heart of downtown Dayton Ohio  and offers free Wi-Fi, televisions with
premium HD cable channels, and comfort to help you unwind at the end of your
busy day.
, ,

As previously mentioned, researching and negotiating on    specific
accommodations for our group requirements, expectations and needs have been
challenging. I have met with countless hotels in Cincinnati, Columbus,
Toledo and Cleveland. However, the Crowne Plaza Dayton is the top choice.
They have the amenities and space to hold the 74th Annual State of Ohio
Convention. Please take a look at their features below!

HOTEL FEATURES
.It all begins with our luxurious bedding
-Seven layers of comfort bedding -upgraded beds with a pillow top mattress,
triple sheeted luxurious 300 thread-count linens, a waffle thermal bedspread
and blanket with upgraded pillows.
.Sleep Amenities to Rest, Relax and Recharge
We offer our guests their own personal TEMPLESPAaromatherapy package
including REPOSE, an amazing resting cream to enhance a calm and restful
state, QUIETUDE calming
mist to create a space of peace and RECHARGE, a soothing balm for aching
feet and limbs.
Quiet Zones
Our quiet zones are located on the 9thfloor of the hotel, where we guarantee
no maintenance or housekeeping Sunday through to Thursday carried out from
9.00pm to 10.00am, unless specifically requested by a guest.
Guaranteed Wake-up Call, So you can relax and drift off easier

.our restaurant and lounge located on our top floor, serving breakfast,
lunch and dinner.
.In-room dining available from 6:30 am -11:00 pm
.24-hour business center
.Complimentary wireless internet access in lobby, meeting space, and all
guest rooms
.24-Hour executive fitness center
.Seasonal outdoor swimming pool
.Executive club level accommodations (additional charges may apply)
.Complimentary self-parking in the Dayton Transportation Center Parking
Garage connected to the hotel via skywalk. Valet parking also available for
a fee
.Complimentary transportation to/from Dayton International Airport
.Complimentary local transportation (based upon availability) within a
5-mile radius of the hotel

Thank you for your patience and consideration!

Richard Payne, Ohio Affiliate President

Suzanne Turner, Ohio Board of Directors

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368