[NFBOH-Cleveland] Celebrating The ADA With Us!

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 02:14:22 UTC 2020

Good Evening Ohio,

On Friday, July 24, 2020, the Cleveland Chapter will celebrate the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA). We will begin at 5:30 PM after our business
meeting; which will start at 5:00 P.M. EDT. This event will be featured on
the Ohio Zoom platform.

We welcome you!

The 30th anniversary of the ADA is being celebrated across the world. So, it
is fitting that Cleveland do the same to commemorate this important
enactment. The agenda is below!

///

History:

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) became law in 1990. The ADA is a
civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with
disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools,
transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the
general public. The purpose of the law is to make sure that people with
disabilities have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. The
ADA gives civil rights protections to individuals with disabilities similar
to those provided to individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, national
origin, age, and religion. It guarantees equal opportunity for individuals
with disabilities in public accommodations, employment, transportation,
state and local government services, and telecommunications. The ADA is
divided into five titles (or sections) that relate to different areas of
public life.

So, join us as we hear from a live prospective by our distinguished
panelist. As I am, you will also be enlightened by their experiences on the
fight for equality, opportunity and security. Thus, this enactment has
upheld persons with disabilities rights for 30 years and deserves to be
acknowledged and celebrated!

Agenda:

5:30 P.m. - Welcome

5:35: P.M. - ADA Quiz

5:45 P.M. - ADA Presentation

6:00 P.M. - Introduction of Panelist

I: Cheryl Fields, Title III (Public Accommodations)

II: Eric Duffy, Title I (Employment)

III: Kinshuk Tella, Title III and Section 504 under the Rehabilitation Act
(Education)

IV: Richard Payne, Title II (Transportation)

///

For questions, comments, and or suggestions, please reach out to Suzanne
Turner at SMTurner.234 at gmail.com <mailto:SMTurner.234 at gmail.com> .

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,4081850851# US (New York)

+13017158592,,4081850851# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)