[NFBOH-Cleveland] Ohio is awesome! Open to see why!

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 17:24:15 UTC 2020

Ohio,

I am getting excited!

I am glad you've asked why!

Waite for it!

Ohio has 181 members registered!

However, let's get to our Ohio President's goal of 205 individuals or over
registered.

Once again, I am glad you've asked.

Have you thought about reaching out to your nursing homes, community centers
and other agencies in your community?

Cleveland has a list of nursing homes, community centers and neighboring
agencies  emails that we send out information to. Just call and request to
speak with the Activity Director or Social Worker. Have that conversation
about the National Federation of the Blind. Tell them that we offer free
white canes to those who are losing vision, tell them that we can keep their
clients informed by subscribing to Newsline, and tell them about the Ohio
Senior Division, our Ohio BELL Program or that we sale M&M's during
Convention time and we would love to send a pack along with NFB literature.
Then slip in the National Convention and explain that you have good news;
that the registration is free and they can be a part of a dynamic
opportunity.

Another platform that we place information on is news and radio network
websites. They have  bulletin boards to highlight community events. Also,
you can use Facebook, twitter and Instagram to communicate the details. But,
I would use an email for people to contact you, not by address.

Finally, today on the Breakfast Check-In Call, we had a drawing among the
181 registered members. We asked the oldest member on that call to choose a
number between 1 to 181. Billie Graham chose the number 180.

Our winner for a $30 gift card from Amazon is!

Drum Roll Please!

Congratulation's to Milena Zavoli

You are the winner! Please contact the  Ohio President for details!

Ohio, let's get 205 people registered and get into the top 10!

If you have anyone who will attend the National Convention, such as spouse,
daughter, son, a different family member, friend, clinician, teacher,
professor or anyone, please encourage them to register. Monday, June 15 is
the deadline. Also,  if they do not have an email, please shoot me their
info an I will ad them to the spreadsheet for Ohio. We need their, name,
address, telephone number, if they would like to receive text, if they are
blind, if they are a parent of a blind child, If they have a blind child and
if they work in a blindness profession.

Thank you for what you are doing for Ohio's blind children, adults and
seniors!

Good luck in the next drawing!

Suzanne

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO)

Suzanne Turner, Ohio Affiliate Vice President

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216) 990-6199

Please click on the links below to learn more about the organization

The Ohio Affiliate

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

"Live the life you want" featuring, National President, Mark Riccobono

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share

Visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!

<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/>
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

blindness is not what holds you back.