[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Chapter Updates

ali benmerzouga ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:13:06 UTC 2020

From: smturner.234 at gmail.com <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2020 7:19 PM
To: L.watilo at gmail.com; NFBOH-Cleveland at nfbnet.org; 'Lisa Bostick''
davidgGray1984 at gmail.com; dwjann57 at gmail.com; jimweiss72 at icloud.com;
charlenebolden at att.net; BillieGraham38 at gmail.com; williamsjoann at outlook.com;
garwilli4luv at yahoo.com; Butler.Henry at icloud.com; TMcKenney51 at Icloud.com;
lelinda at roadrunner.com; TurnerW794 at gmail.com; 'ali benmerzouga'
<ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com>
Cc: smturner.234 at gmail.com
Subject: Cleveland Chapter Updates

Cleveland, good Saturday Evening,

I hope you are well and ready to begin engaging the community.

Well, we are vastly approaching the 2020 Convention and I am excited.
Registration ends on Monday, June 15, 2020 and I know that all of Cleveland
has registered. By chance you have slipped out of the numbers, please go to
WWW.NFB.ORG <http://WWW.NFB.ORG>  and do so. But, if you need assistance,
reach out to me at (216) 990-6199. Please contact relatives, friends,
teachers, social workers, professionals and others to invite them to the
convention. Have them register by Monday.

///

Cleveland, keep Wilbert Turner, Cecil Dukes, Davette Payne, Sarah Bishop and
Rosa Jones in your thoughts and prayers. They are mending at this time. We
look forward to seeing them active in the chapter soon.

Also, keep Regina Mason and Evelyn MorsonEaddie in your thoughts and
prayers. The two families lost love ones recently. Regina and Evelyn, we are
here for you and if you need anything; please let us know!

///

The Ohio Affiliate President, Richard Payne has had several contest for
members to win a gift card during convention season. So, keep a look out for
the next contest. The prize is even bigger this time.

This past week, a prize was given out to a member by way of the Coffee
Break, Check In Call. Please join us daily from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM for
fun, laughter and to let us know that you are safe and well. We are on Zoom.
The contact info or the Ohio Zoom calls are at the bottom of this email. So,
the contest might be again announced on the Coffee Break, Check In Call.

///

Cleveland will hold their monthly Chapter meeting on Friday, June 19, 2020
from 5:00 to 7:00 P.M. Please call on time and use the Cleveland conference
number : (Tel: 605) 313-4834

Code is 246345. We will have a guest discussing non24. Our own Vice
President, William Turner will be at the helm. I am not leaving. I will also
be on hand

///

The Cleveland Board of Directors met this past week and there are a few
discussions that the Board voted on to bring to the body. 1: is obligations
of the Chapter, 2: outreach efforts, 3:dues, increasing the Executive Board
and 4: membership. These topics will be on the table at the meeting.

///

Committee Chairs of the following, Cheering Committee, Seniors Committee and
Community Engagement Committees have been busy with keeping the Ohio
Affiliate informed and connected. I would like to thank you for all of your
efforts and keep up the great work!

///

Members , please mail your dues to Natassha Ricks, Treasurer at 6980 Ladd
Lane, Maple Heights, Ohio 44137. Please inform her that the funds are on the
way at (216) 376-9863. Dues are $15.00 for the year.

///

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 4:00 P.M. the Ohio Affiliate will meet with
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities to discuss programs and
services. If you have a question that you would like for them to address,
please send an email to the Ohio President at RCHPAY7 at gmail.com
<mailto:RCHPAY7 at gmail.com> . Everyone should attend this meeting. The
partnership with OOD and NFBO is special and quite informative. The
Executive Staff can answer questions on employment, career exploration,
services for seniors and students and more. This call will be on Zoom. You
can use a landline or cell phone, one tap mobile or the link below. But, to
call in use (669) 900-6833 and the ID code is 4081850851.

///

A message from Cheryl Fields, Ohio Community Service Committee:

The Ohio Affiliate Community Service Committee invites you to The "Biggest
and the Best National Convention Kick Off"

Come and join the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio HAPPY Hour!