[NFBOH-Cleveland] National Activities

smturner.234 at gmail.com smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 15:29:23 UTC 2020

Week National Activities

Monday, June 15

1:00 p.m. EDT | Relaxation Hour

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join this time for learning and doing yoga
exercises, breathing techniques, and meditations. It will be a time for
everyone to let go of their stress and frustration. The immune system is
proven to work more optimally under little to no stress.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888

2:00 p.m. EDT | Coffee and Legislative Issues

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, discuss legislative issues facing blind
Americans, laws affecting the education of your blind children, and more.
Please note that this event is informative and does not represent any form
of legal advice. To contact Emily, email her at: vp2 at nfbp.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17277&qid=3756345> .

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

5:00 p.m. EDT | Reading Roundtable

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, discuss your favorite books, what you are
currently reading, and books that others recommend. Marsha will also try to
have blind authors as special guests each week.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

7:30 p.m. EDT | Tech Talk

Sponsored by NFB of California, explore all that your smart phone can do for
you. Questions can include, but are not limited to, using the Zoom app,
sending text messages, downloading content, and anything else you can think
of. You can email questions ahead of time to rkcole72984 at gmail.com
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17278&qid=3756345> .

Zoom Meeting ID: 510 839 253
Password: 009343
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,510839253#,,#,009343#

Tuesday, June 16

5:00 p.m. EDT | Kernel Book Discussion

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join us as we read and discuss another
great Kernel Book story.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Wednesday, June 17

10:30 a.m. EDT | Women Survivors

Sponsored by the NFB of Pennsylvania, discuss the effects that social
distancing is having on each of us during this coronavirus.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

1:00 p.m. EDT | Fitness and Wellness Warriors

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, we will be doing brief workouts and
stretching exercises to boost our immune systems and health.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

2:00 p.m. EDT | Coffee and Legislative Conversation

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join to discuss legislative issues facing
blind Americans, laws affecting the education of blind children, and our NFB
Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning (BELL)R programs scheduled for
this summer. Parents, teachers of blind students, and anyone interested in
the topics of legislation, parenting, and education are encouraged to join
us. Please note that this event is informative and does not represent any
form of legal advice. To contact Emily, email her at: vp2 at nfbp.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17277&qid=3756345> .

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Breaking Barriers

Sponsored by NFB of California, discuss creative action plans to break
through any barriers standing between you and your goals and report on your
progress. This is a time to share our stories in a supportive,
non-judgmental environment.

Zoom Meeting ID: 839 5776 3091
Password: 071615
One tap mobile: +16699006833,,83957763091#,,#,071615#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Getting the Most Out of Your Amazon Echo Smart Speaker

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, share experiences with the Amazon Echo. Do
you have a favorite Alexa skill you would like to share with others? Get the
news, schedule a ride, or control your home.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

5:00 p.m. EDT | iPhones, iPads, Voice Over, Oh My!

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn how to navigate iOS devices using
Voice Over. We will explore helpful built-in features and apps.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

6:30 p.m. EDT | Navigating the Rehabilitation System

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn about blindness training,
independence, and vocational rehabilitation from Lynn Heitz and her special
guest.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Thursday, June 18

5:00 p.m. EDT | Kernel Book Discussions

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join us as we read and discuss another
great Kernel Book story.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

6:30 p.m. EDT | Apps, Apps, Apps for iOS

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, learn more about the most helpful apps. If
you have suggestions for apps to be featured please email:
marsha.drenth at gmail.com
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17279&qid=3756345> .

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

9:00 p.m. EDT | Your Journey Through Blindness

Sponsored by NFB of Missouri, whether you are recently blind or have been
blind all your life, and no matter your level of sight, come and share how
you make your journey through life as a blind person.

Zoom Meeting ID: 714 852 9230
One tap mobile: +13126266799,, 7148529230#

Friday, June 19

1:00 p.m. EDT | Fitness and Wellness Warriors

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, boost the immune system and take care of
our mental and emotional health with brief workouts and stretching
exercises.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

3:00 p.m. EDT | Kids' Story Hour

Sponsored by NFB of Pennsylvania, join this call of reading favorite stories
for kids in Braille.

Zoom Meeting ID: 215 988 0888
One tap mobile: +13126266799,,2159880888#

Saturday, June 20

7:00 p.m. EDT | Ladies Social Night

Sponsored by NFB of Virginia, come all ye foodies! Let's talk about your
favorite recipes, restaurants, comfort foods, appetizers, desserts, the
whole gamut. It's a food night!

Zoom Meeting ID: 829 725 6345
One tap mobile: +13017158592,,8297256345#

Join a Zoom Meeting

To join a Zoom meeting via web or phone, click on the following Zoom link,
dial the appropriate phone number, or hit one-tap mobile, and add the
corresponding meeting ID listed for the event you are joining. For an
accessible tutorial of the Zoom platform, access the audiobook,
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16449&amp;amp;qi
d=> Meet Me in the Cloud.

Web

https://zoom.us/j