[NFBOH-Cleveland] Seeking: "Thanks to the ADA" video volunteers
smturner.234 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:22:22 UTC 2020
From: Laura Gold <lgold at sil-oh.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:14 PM
To: Laura Gold <lgold at sil-oh.org>
Subject: Seeking: "Thanks to the ADA" video volunteers
Please see the announcement below. If any of you are interested in and willing to make a short video about what the ADA has meant to you, please contact Carla Waring at The Center for Disability Empowerment at Carla.waring at disabilityempowerment.net <mailto:Carla.waring at disabilityempowerment.net> or 614-575-8055.
Laura A. Gold, J.D.
Community Services Specialist
Services for Independent Living
26250 Euclid Avenue, Suite 801
Euclid, OH 44132
Voice Mail: 216.815.0015
Email: lgold at sil-oh.org <mailto:lgold at sil-oh.org>
Great Lakes ADA Center -- Thanks to the ADA Video Volunteers Wanted!!
ADA Is turning 30 years old on July 26th, 2020
CDE in collaboration with Great Lakes ADA Center is looking for Ohioans who have an ADA story to tell about how they benefited from the ADA in their lives one way or another.
The finished video will include submissions from all of the states within the Great Lakes ADA Center region.
Has the ADA provided you opportunities …?
* Employment (received an accommodation that allows you to go to work) or
* Travel (able to go places you never could before or experience something that was previously unattainable due to accessibility) or
* Education (got into college, or an accommodation in the classroom allowing you to pursue your dream career) or
* Event (got to go to a concert, museum, exposition) or
* Accessibility notable architectural achievements that have changed your life in general (neighborhood accessibility, using public transit, etc.) or just anything you feel occurred/impacted your life because of the passage of the ADA. It could be something recent or something in the past
Wanted six Ohioans to share their experience…
* Using Zoom --Record a 2-3-minute statement responding to the “Thanks To The ADA” …
* You will have 2-3 minutes to talk about your experience
* No experience using Zoom, No computer —NO Problem! CDE and Great Lakes ADA Center will provide the training to make it happen – You just need to be comfortable using technology
Contact Carla Waring, ADA Coordinator at CDE, by Tuesday 6/23/2020
Carla.waring at disabilityempowerment.net <mailto:Carla.waring at disabilityempowerment.net>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NFBOH-Cleveland