[NFBOH-Cleveland] For Your Reading Pleasure During COVID-19

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:38:07 UTC 2020

Articles are below!

Suzanne

///

Braille Monitor

The Braille Monitor is the flagship publication of the National Federation
of the Blind. It covers the events and activities of the NFB, addresses the
issues we face as blind people, and highlights our members.

Distributed eleven times a year since 1957, the Braille Monitor:

*         Offers a positive philosophy about blindness to both blind readers
and the public at large

*         Serves as a vehicle for advocacy and protection of civil rights

*         Addresses social concerns affecting the blind

*         Discusses issues related to employment, education, legislation,
and rehabilitation

*         Provides news about products and technology used by the blind

To learn more, we invite you to read Dr. Kenneth Jernigan's 1993 article
entitled,  <https://nfb.org/Images/nfb/Publications/bm/bm93/brlm9304.htm#2>
"Concerning History and the Braille Monitor."

How to Subscribe

The Braille Monitor is available online, via email, in fourteen-point
inkprint, in Braille, and on USB flash drive. It is also available through
our  <https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/nfb-newsline> NFB-NEWSLINER
program and via podcast by searching for "National Federation of the
Blind-Braille Monitor" in your podcast client.

to the email version here. To subscribe to the inkprint, Braille, or USB
flash drive version, or to change your format or mailing address, please
contact us at 410-659-9314, extension 2344, or

nfbpublications at nfb.org <mailto:nfbpublications at nfb.org>

Please indicate which format you would like to receive. If based in the
United States, NFB members are invited, and nonmembers are requested, to
cover the subscription cost (i.e., $40). All subscriptions mailed to foreign
countries are invoiced at $75 USD per year, and Canadian subscriptions are
invoiced at $50 USD per year. Checks should be made payable to the National
Federation of the Blind and sent to the NFB,

attention Braille Monitor, 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place,
Baltimore, Maryland 21230.

Recent Issues

2020

*
<https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm20/bm2005/bm2005tc.htm>
May 2020

*
<https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm20/bm2004/bm2004tc.htm>
April 2020

*
<https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm20/bm2003/bm2003tc.htm>
March 2020

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO)

Suzanne Turner, Ohio Affiliate Vice President

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216) 990-6199

Please click on the links below to learn more about the organization

The Ohio Affiliate

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

"Live the life you want" featuring, National President, Mark Riccobono

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share

Visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!

<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/>
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

blindness is not what holds you back.