[NFBOH-Cleveland] We have a graduate in our mist. Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 19:25:22 UTC 2020

Ohio,

Congratulations to Macy!

WOO! HOO!

You did it!

We are so proud of you!

Just one more step!!

////

Here is her testimony that was on Facebook!

>From Macy McClain,

Five years. Five long, crazy, yet great years. There are too many words to describe the feelings I have vright now. Sad that I have to celebrate commencement online, and not with the friends and colleagues I dearly love. Sad that I can't get dressed up in my regalia, walking across the stage, and shaking our university president's hand. But happy because of all of the memories, the friendships I gained, the spiritual growth I experienced, the encouragement, the laughter, the love, the candy in the Cove, the precious dogs I got to see before taking tests, quizzes, and exams in the Cove, the endless tutoring sessions, the tears, the fun trips, and the classes, even the ones I struggled in, like math. All of this was worth it! It took me 5 years, but that's just a number. The important thing is that I finished. I still have some things to finish before I officially graduate in August, but it will be amazing to receive my diploma. College is not easy, and when I found out that Cedarville's academics were rigorous, man is that true! No, I never got on the Dean's List or even the Dean's Honor list. No, I never got a 4.0 mug. Yes, I struggled--a lot, with many different areas. But I am a better person because of it all. I have learned, for example, that God is indeed my refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1). I have learned that God is faithful, even when I can't see it. I have walked through crazy things during my time at Cedarville--when one of my closest friends passed away, the death of my grandfather, and other things. I have also enjoyed happy memories--Jubilate tours, making fun of our choir director because he doesn't correct our pitch when we are flat, learning from some of the best piano professors I know, becoming a nerd outside the Worship major, learning to love classical music and theory, learning from fantastic voice instructors (contemporary and classical alike), working with amazing accompanists, singing awesome solos, performing Easter portions of Handel's Messiah by sight-reading (what an amazing experience), learning to be a better conductor in Jubilate and a choral conducting class I took, taking some fantastic pedagogy classes, learning about the world of music in Braille, asking hard life questions for Bible profs to answer, working on group projects with good friends, going to Sweetwater and wanting to steal a Nord keyboard (don't worry, that didn't happen, I promise!), realizing that I can sing pieces in German, cracking stupid blind jokes with friends, working at Rinnova, playing for my first general recital, singing for another one, attending and learning from great people at worship conferences, looking for summer employment, the times I've had to advocate in order to get accessible materials, the stubborn streak I had (and still have) because I want to be self-sufficient and not request help, the bro/sis dinners and outings with dorm mates, man there are so many memories I can't list them all! That was just a sampling. I just want to say thank you. Thank you to everyone for your encouragement, support, prayers, thoughts, phone calls, text messages, social media posts of any kind, chapel messages, the kicks in the butt (sometimes), laughing with me, crying with me, the cards, the $5 here and there for much-needed caffeine runs to Rinnova or any other coffee shop, stopping me on campus just to say hi, allowing me to crash your parties, the generous amounts of food and candy, scanning me into Chucks when I didn't have enough meals remaining at the end of a semester, and so much more. I'm going to miss Cedarville immensely, but these memories will last a lifetime!
You may be asking yourselves, "So what's next?" Good question. This summer, I will be completing my internship at Emerald Coast Fellowship in Panama City Beach, Florida!! It took a very long time to find an internship placement. I had a previous internship, but it unfortunately fell through. I'm excited to learn and grow in Florida, and be near the beach, too! I will be leaving in a few weeks for Florida, so if you want to hang out, please let me know. After my internship, I don't really know what's going to happen. But you know what? God knows. He's not surprised by this virus, and he's not surprised that I got this internship, either. One thing I am still learning is not to worry so much (easier said than done, I know). With all of the uncertainty and craziness, I have hope because I know that God is sovereign, he works all things for good, even when things are tough, and he is faithful, and we can trust him. If you do have job leads, let me know that, too. As far as location goes, I honestly don't see myself staying in Bellefontaine, but moving to a bigger city. I don't know if I'll stay in Ohio, or go somewhere else after my internship. I just don't want to move to Alaska (too cold!!). Please stay in touch, my friends. I am always a phone call, text, or Facebook message away. I'm going to celebrate somehow, I'm not sure how though). I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future!! And life is worth the living, just because He lives! It's not goodbye, but #CU Later <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/culater?source=feed_text&epa=HASHTAG> ! 🎤🎧🎼🎹🎓👍🏼😊❤️🎉✌🏻👋🥳🙌🏻