[NFBOH-Cleveland] Please Read The National Federation of the Blind Code of Conduct

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 02:58:16 UTC 2022

Code of Conduct

article

The National Federation of the Blind's Code of Conduct outlines the policies
and standards that we have established for the community of individuals who

come together in our organized blind movement. On this page, you will find
links to the current version of the code (in a variety of formats), the form

for reporting violations of the code, a frequently asked question page, and
a variety of supplemental resources and guidance documents.

Read the Braille Monitor article,

"Raising Expectations Every Day: The Challenge of the Federation's Community
Standards" by President Mark Riccobono

 for background on the organization's journey with the Code of Conduct.

Code of Conduct Updated December 19, 2021

The National Federation of the Blind's Code of Conduct is available in
several formats:

list of 4 items

. NFB Code of Conduct (HTML)

. NFB Code of Conduct (Braille Ready Format)

. NFB Code of Conduct (MP3 audio)

. NFB Code of Conduct (PDF)

list end

For additional information, please review the

Code of Conduct Frequently Asked Questions.

Reporting Violations

All reports of violations of this Code of Conduct can be filed in one of the
following ways. Regardless of how they are filed, all reports regarding
violations

of this code will lead to the same response procedures as outlined in the
code:

list of 4 items

. Complete the

online code of conduct reporting form

. Send an email to

code at nfb.org

. Leave a voicemail at 410-659-9314, extension 2475

. Give a verbal or written report to a designated responsible leader of the
Federation. Responsible leaders include national board members, affiliate
board

members, local chapter or division board members, national division board
members, Federation employees, and staff/board members of NFB-affiliated
training

centers.

list end

Additional Resources

list of 5 items

. Guidance document from RAINN, the nation's largest anti-sexual violence
organization - coming soon

. RAINN's National Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors and Their Loved
Ones

. RAINN's State Law Database

. Obligations of Elected Leaders document

provides guidance to those considered responsible leaders under the
Federation's code and how to effectively share information.

. Connect with our

Blind Survivors Group,

an intentional space for blind survivors of sexual misconduct and other
forms of trauma and/or abuse, along with their allies, to share support and
resources

leveraging the positive philosophy of the Federation. The group will serve
as a knowledge base and authentic voice for continuing to inform safety and

support efforts within the organized blind movement.

list end

More Information

If you have additional questions that are not addressed here, please write

code at nfb.org.

Please send recommendations regarding how we can improve our processes or
better support survivors of sexual misconduct and abuse to

survivors at nfb.org

or call 410-659-9314, extension 2238. Questions and concerns regarding
harassment and inequities can be directed to our Committee on Diversity,
Equity,

and Inclusion at

diversity at nfb.org.

Feedback can always be directed to our national President at

officeofthepresident at nfb.org.

article end

main region end