[NFBOH-Cleveland] Updated: As A Reminder

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 20:28:11 UTC 2022

As A Reminder From The President, Richard Payne,

I encourage you to highly attend Ohio meetings. When I served as a member
holding no office and as a member of the Ohio Affiliate State Board of
Directors, I always attended the meetings. As a reminder, you are encouraged
to weigh in on the issues and also get updates about what the board make
decisions on, which affects the membership. This particular setting allows
for our leaders to communicate in person and make significant plans and
possibilities for the Affiliate. So, on September 17th at 10:00 AM. you
should make every effort to attend the State Board Meeting, that will be
held at the same hotel as the Convention.

For more on this note, several of you serve or chair committees and is
expected to provide a report on your activities for 2022. If possible, for
all Chapter's, Divisions and some Committees who have raise funds throughout
the year, sending a representative from your entity should have been
prearranged to get them there.

Per the State Convention, you also can make reservations now by calling
216-447-1300. The room rates are only $104, which includes breakfast. The
good news is that when you make your reservations, funds are not deducted
from your credit card until you arrive at the hotel. Please call
216-447-1300.

I am excited to report that preregistration is up and running.
Pre-registering for the Ohio convention by October 28, 2022, makes attendees
eligible for door prizes. Door prizes will be drawn during Convention
festivities, general sessions, and the banquet. Preregister at
<http://WWW.NFBOhio.ORG> WWW.NFBOhio.ORG. Preregistration is $25.00 and the
Banquet is $50.00. You can also choose a box lunch online as well.

National Representative:

The Ohio affiliate is pleased to have Carla McQuillan as our National
Representative for 2022. Carla is a member of the national board of
Director's, the president of the Oregon affiliate, and she is the director
of NFB Camp, the program that offers childcare during the annual convention
of the National Federation of the Blind. We are proud to have her leadership
and expertise in the blindness arena.

Resolutions:

All resolutions must be submitted to the Resolutions Committee Chair, Todd
Elzey, no later than October 23rd. Resolutions will be considered at the
general session on Sunday, November 6, 2022. For questions, email Todd Elzey
at toddelzey at gmail.com <mailto:toddelzey at gmail.com> .

>From the Door Prize Coordinator, Annette Lutz,

NFB of Ohio friends and family,

Everything! Everything is very cool about state convention!

Everybody getting together, doing the work of the Federation, learning about
new technology, and the list goes on and on. But, one item that is very,
very, cool about state convention is the ability to win prizes! Door prizes.
But, in order to win prizes, we have to have prizes to give. So, it is not
too early for your chapter, division, or as individual members, to prepare
to donate door prizes for convention. All kinds of things can be door
prizes. But the absolute favorites are cash and gift cards. Or, very special
NFB of Ohio fudge. Hint hint.

If you are planning to donate a door prize, make sure to bring it to
convention when you come. Also, please have it labeled in braille what the
price is and who is donating it so they can get proper credit when a name is
drawn.

And, another really cool thing about state convention is the ability to
raise money. Yes, money for our great affiliate! We will be doing that this
year by bringing back the not so silent auction at the banquet. What a fun
event to allow money to be raised, and have some friendly competition for
great items. But, like the door prizes, we need items to auction off. So,
again your chapter, division, or individuals, can contribute to this worthy
cause. These will be bigger ticket items than the door prizes. Think of gift
baskets, electronics, handmade crafts, etc. Some of the items that have
brought the most money in the past were very special, well thought out
baskets, and adaptive technology items that we could all use. Again, please
label in braille what the item is with a very good description. That way
everybody knows what they're bidding on!

When you come to convention, there will be a table to drop off items for
both door prizes and auction. I am also around to answer any questions or
assist from now throughout convention, so please feel free to reach out.

As another note, in order to be eligible to win a prize, or to bid on an
auction item, you need to be there!  So, go ahead and get registered and
make your room reservations now. It is definitely not too early.