[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Chapter Meeting Today At 5 in the Zoom Room

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 18:57:20 UTC 2023

From: Suzanne Turner <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2023 10:51 AM
To: 'NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List' <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>;
Brian_royko at live.com; ltoney at kent.edu; hkpwrit at gmail.com; rroche47 at aol.com;
cantseecutie at att.net; dorotheadavis4444 at gmail.com; 23vaughan.rees at rrcs.org;
stuffalyn at aol.com; 'Kathy Legg' <kalegg0220 at gmail.com>; santhiven at gmail.com;
skybey75 at gmail.com
Cc: smturner.234 at gmail.com
Subject: Cleveland Updates

Good Afternoon Cleveland Members,

Just a few announcements

Please read all the way to the bottom so that you do not miss anything.

First, our October Chapter meeting will be held on zoom. We will meet today
on Friday, October 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM in the Ohio Zoom Room. The link is
below to connect.

It is election time for Cleveland. There are two board seats open. If you
want to run for one of them, contact Vice President, William Turner at
330-328-9860. I want to thank Robert Campbell and Theresa McKenney for their
service for the last two years.

It is time to pay dues, Dues are $15 for 2024. You can pay by sending them
to Natassha Ricks. Her address is 6980 Ladd Lane, Maple Heights, Ohio 44137.
Please call her at 216-376-9863 to notify that the funds are on the way.
Also, you will be able to pay dues in person as well. I will let you know
that location to do so soon.

The State Convention is at hand. If you have not preregister or made
reservations at the host hotel, please do so. The link to preregister is
below and call the hotel at 614-885-3334. Also, Preregistration is $25 and
the banquet is $55. There is also boxed lunches for $25 and CPR training for
$10. I am encouraging all members to take the CPR training to save your life
and others. Normally, the training costs $60, but we are provided with a
discount.

As a reminder, the Senior Division is selling $10 tickets for a drawing at
the convention to win $200. Please spread the word. Let's raise funds for
the treasury. Also, do not forget about the Health and Safety Basket. All
seniors are encouraged to participate. You will bring the items to the
convention and the basket will be created for the auction.

Do you have talent. Wilbert Turner is facilitating "You Got Talent" at the
convention. It was a hit last year. So, performers call him and get your
name on his list. His cell is 216-212-4959.

Cleveland will have three fundraisers in 2024. The shoe drive and the flyer
is below to share. Also, the Gospel Fest flyer is attached and below to
share.  There is one additional fundraiser that we will discuss during the
Chapter meeting next week. Let's grow our treasury.

The Ohio Affiliate has two fundraisers. Meat Sticks are being sold now
online and by hand. You can go to the link below and purchase. Also, Theresa
McKenney is selling them. You can contact her if you would like to purchase.
The link is below!

Additionally, the affiliate has NFB Ohio Gear. If you would like to purchase
a long or short sleeve T-shirt or zip or over the head hoody, you can email
President Payne at RCHPAY7 at gmail.com <mailto:RCHPAY7 at gmail.com>  to make
your selection. Please include your size, color and style. You can contact
me for purchasing details.

Here are all announcements!.

Complete Preregistration here.

 <https://forms.gle/cnWzoCHD4kqmc81U7> https://forms.gle/cnWzoCHD4kqmc81U7

Apply here for State convention assistance

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJDEcdGity71z53goy68Yy_eqpynfVQjIk
tBgOhjdqmP2c4A/viewform?usp=sharing

Order Your Meat Sticks? Continue sharing the following link with your
friends and family:
https://www.countrymeats.com/fundraiser/national-fed-of-the-blind-oh

///

Creative, Community-Friendly Fundraiser

Repurpose And Recycle Shoes For A Cause

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, Cleveland Chapter is embarking
upon a new innovative fundraising opportunity and not asking for money but
collecting shoes instead.

This fundraiser is pressure free and you will be providing shoes for people
who do not have money to purchase them. All used, new and gently worn shoes
of all types are appreciated. The only type of shoes that are not accepted
are skates. So send your high heels, sneakers, slippers, boots and more of
all ages to the Cleveland Chapter.

Just knowing that the pile of shoes in your closet , under the bed or in the
garage will be a benefit to someone who doesn't have any. Then the collected
and repurposing shoes get shipped to micro-worldwide countries.

Again, all shoes are welcome and do not worry if they are scuffed or worn
down. We will take them all!

For more information, contact Suzanne Turner, President

(216) 990-6199.

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Cleveland Chapter

///

The Ohio Senior Division is offering an opportunity to win $200 by adding
your name in our annual drawing.

You can now purchase a chance prior to the State of Ohio Convention by
sending funds to our Treasurer, Gloria Conway by mail or Zelle .

Each chance of a ten dollar purchase get you closer to winning the pot.

Anyone can purchase a chance and you do not have to be present to win!

Note: if you purchase a chance by Zelle, in the comment field, indicate the
funds are for the "Senior Drawing". Conveniently, now you also can pay your
dues by Zelle. There is only a 50 cent fee. So include that in all
transactions.

Here are the ways to purchase a chance:

1. Mail Gloria at,16008 Evening Star Ave, Maple Heights, Ohio 44137 and make
checks payable to NFB of Ohio Senior Division.

2. By selecting Zelle, use   the email address:  <mailto:edgarsfarm at aol.com>
edgarsfarm at aol.com and in the comments field, write Senior Drawing.

3. Lastly, "Bill Pay" through your financial institution is a third option.
However, the bank check must also be made out to NFB of Ohio Senior Division
and not the Treasurer's name.

Where: Ohio Zoom Hall

 <https://zoom.us/j/4081850851> https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,4081850851# US (New York)

+13017158592,,4081850851# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)