[NFBOH-Cleveland] Eclipse Soundscapes Demo Presentation

smturner.234 at gmail.com smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 19:51:24 UTC 2024

An announcement from Annette Lutz, President, Capital Chapter

Good Afternoon, NFB of Ohio family and Friends,

Below, you will see information on a demonstration that I will be hosting concerning how those of us who are blind can fully participate in the upcoming solar eclipse. I know that some of you have had this demonstration in your chapter meetings, but I would like to extend the invitation to those who were not able to do it for a chapter meeting, or who were not able to attend. I think it will be very interesting.

The demonstration will take place:

Where:  In the Ohio zoom room, and how to connect is below.

Date:  This upcoming Wednesday, January 24, 2024.

Time: Join us at 6:30 PM. EST.

“The Eclipse Soundscapes Project is a NASA Citizen Science Project that will study how eclipses affect life on Earth. Through a partnership with NFB, Eclipse Soundscapes was created with accessibility in mind and a special focus on the inclusion of people who are blind or low vision. It is our goal to create a project that invites members of the sighted, blind, and low vision communities to participate alongside one another. We will be collecting sensory observations and sound data from the April 8, 2024 total solar eclipse, which will take place in Ohio! We hope some of your chapter members will be interested in participating”, said, Dr. Henry “Trae” Winter and MaryKay Severino.

. I hope many of you will be able to join and find out how we can all learn about and participate in this rare event.

Please, put this on your calendars now.

Everybody have a great weekend and I hope you will join us on the 24th!

Join by, NFB Ohio Zoom:

 <https://zoom.us/j/4081850851> https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851

One tap mobile +1-646-876-9923, 4081850851# US

Find your local number:  <https://zoom.us/u/abdqTMSdcy> https://zoom.us/u/abdqTMSdcy

Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

614-288-4323

President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com <mailto:President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com>

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.