[NFBOK-Talk] Do you know a blind student who will begin college as a Freshman?

Jeanie Massay jeannie.massay at nfbok.org
Tue Aug 8 16:08:50 UTC 2017

Dear Students:

The National Federation of the Blind is committed to exploring how
technology helps blind students live the lives they want. Exciting new
technologies are fundamentally altering the ways in which students succeed
in and out of the classroom. If you're an incoming college freshman, you
could have the chance to try out a new technology from Aira that may help
you as you start this important chapter of your life.

The National Federation of the Blind is partnering with Aira
<https://aira.io/> , a company that uses smart glass technology, live
agents, and artificial intelligence to assist blind people in understanding
and navigating their environment. You might use it to help you explore your
college campus and new community, for example.

Through a partnership with Aira's Back to School Program, selected blind
college freshmen can receive a free nine-month subscription to four hundred
minutes of Aira services, as well as onboard training, data, and the
wearable glasses.

In order to apply for this opportunity:

        You must be legally blind

        You must be beginning college as a first year student in the fall of
2017

To be considered for one of these subscriptions, please complete this short
application online <https://aira.io/students>  by Tuesday, August 15, 2017.

The National Federation of the Blind is dedicated to helping all blind
people, including blind students, live the lives they want. An equal
education is critical to success, and students play a key role in creating a
bright future for blind Americans. We are happy to partner with Aira in this
exciting opportunity.

Good luck, and all our best for the new school year!

Sincerely,

The National Federation of the Blind Communications team

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>
Twitter: @rlawyer

 <https://nfb.org/>

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>