[NFBOK-Talk] t Senator Boozman will be permitted to offer an amendment to include the Access Technology Affordability Act in the Senate's version of the Tax Cuts and Jobs A

Jeanie Massay jeannie.massay at nfbok.org
Fri Nov 17 17:36:10 UTC 2017

Federation family,

The following is a great example of an e-mail sent to our Senators by Mike
Floyd regarding the Affordable Technology Act via both of their online
contact forms. The links to both for Senators Inhofe and Lankford are below
Mike's message. Please do this and/ or call their offices directly by
calling the switchboard at t (202) 224-3121 and ask for the office in
question.

Dear Senator Inhofe:

I am writing as a blind constituent to urge you to co-sponsor S732, the
Access Technology Affordability Act, sponsored by Senator Boozman of
Arkansas. The blind of America are hopeful this bill will be amended to the
Senate version of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. S732 will provide the blind a
better opportunity to acquire the technology necessary to compete as equals
in the job market. In turn this will mean reduced dependence on public
assistance and benefits. We want the chance to be self-supporting and
self-sufficient citizens.

Please co- sponsor S732, the Access Technology Affordability Act, vote for
it as an amendment to the Senate version of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and
please keep the additional "Standard Deduction" for the blind in the bill.

Yours with sincere thanks,

Mike Floyd,

Tulsa

Mike Floyd, Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Oklahoma
President
T-town Chapter
(918) 345-0875 <tel:(918)%20345-0875>
michael.b.floyd at gmail.com <mailto:michael.b.floyd at gmail.com>
www.nfbok.org <http://www.nfbok.org/>
Like us on Facebook
******

To fill out the contact form for Senator Inhofe go to this link:

https://www.inhofe.senate.gov/contact

To fill out the contact form for Senator Lankford go to this link:

https://www.lankford.senate.gov/contact/email

Please take a few minutes to do this today!!!!!

Best,

Jeannie

Jeannie M. Massay, President

National Federation of theBlind