[NFBOK-Talk] Legislative Alert - Washington Seminar - February 7, 2018

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Thu Feb 8 19:43:42 UTC 2018

Dear Fellow Federationists:

We had a terrific Washington Seminar last week! You have generated sixteen
new cosponsors on Aim High in the House and two in the Senate. With respect
to the Access Technology Affordability Act, you have generated twenty-two
new cosponsors in the House and one in the Senate. This is a record number
of cosponsors on our legislation resulting from your advocacy during
Washington Seminar. Your professionalism, persuasion, and persistence is
clearly paying off.

H.R. 620, the ADA Education and Reform Act, is now scheduled for a floor
vote in the House of Representatives next week, probably Wednesday or
Thursday. Please plan to call your representative beginning Monday and urge
them to oppose this bill. You can contact your representative by calling the
Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and asking for the office in question.
We will be sending additional information on this call to action later this
week.

Let’s defeat H.R 620 and then get back to getting our other bills through
Congress!

Warm regards,

John

John G. Paré Jr.

Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2218 | Jpare at nfb.org <mailto:Jpare at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work