[NFBOK-Talk] 2018 NFBOK Resolutions

Jeanie Massay jeannie.massay at nfbok.org
Sun Mar 25 00:30:38 UTC 2018

Federation members,

The annual convention of the Oklahoma Affiliate of the National Federation
of the Blind is where we come together to celebrate our successes, lead
others to achieve the level of independence in their lives that they want
and to plan for the future of the blind in Oklahoma. As you know the
Resolutions Committee is where the policy of the National Federation of the
Blind is discussed before coming to a vote before the membership.

Any member may submit, at least 1 week in advance of the convention, a
resolution which may be considered by the Committee. All members are
encouraged to attend the Resolutions Committee meeting on Friday, April 13th
at 7:45 in the Parkview East Room (Lower level)as this is where you will
learn about the resolutions for this year. Resolutions which pass the
committee will then be voted on by the membership at our annual business
meeting on Sunday, April 15th.  Resolutions are the birth place of what
becomes the policy and action of our affiliate.

Steve Shelton serves as our Resolutions Committee Chair. Please send
proposed Resolutions to him at steve at sbshelton.com
<mailto:steve at sbshelton.com>

If you have questions about the Resolutions Committee process, please
contact Steve or me at the contact information below.

Thanks, I anticipate a great convention!

Warm regards,

Jeannie

Jeannie M. Massay, President

National Federation of the Blind