[NFBP-BlindParents] FW: [NFBP-Talk] The news we have been anticipating

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 20:26:14 UTC 2022

From: NFBP-Talk <nfbp-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Marsha Drenth via NFBP-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 4:13 PM
To: keystonechapter at nfbnet.org; pacapitalchapter at nfbnet.org; nfbp-brandywine at nfbnet.org; nfbp-erie at nfbnet.org; greaterphilly at nfbnet.org; nfbp-talk at nfbnet.org; hwmhein at gmail.com; John Jones <john.jones01 at icloud.com>
Cc: Marsha Drenth <marsha.drenth at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFBP-Talk] The news we have been anticipating

Joe Ruffalo, who served us as president for 27 years, died quietly

early this morning following a multi-year battle with Metastatic
Bladder cancer related to Agent Orange exposure during the Vietnam
War. Joe had been in hospice care and passed away in the  Bloomfield
house where he grew up. Family members and friends were there to
comfort him.

Joe had shared his journey with us and we send  our condolences to
Joe's wife, Judy, and their sons Jim and Joey and their wives as well
as sister Jane Degenshein, also a  leader in our National Federation
of the Blind community and her husband Larry as well as other
relatives and friends.

Funeral arrangements are  being finalized and I  will share them when
complete. In the meantime, those who wish to honor Joe's memory may donate to the NFBNJ, the organization he said changed his life and
which he shared fso generously with us for so many years.