[NFBP-Jigsaw] FW: [NFBP-Talk] Please Consider the NFB of PA for #GivingTuesday this year!

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 22:53:46 UTC 2022

From: NFBP-Talk <nfbp-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Stacie Leap via NFBP-Talk
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2022 4:27 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Cc: Stacie Leap <stacie.leap at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFBP-Talk] Please Consider the NFB of PA for #GivingTuesday this year!

Hello all:

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 is Giving Tuesday this year.

There are a few days until #GivingTuesday! As you consider which efforts and issues to support with your financial contributions, we want to encourage you to keep the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania in your thoughts.

Since 1977, the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania has been helping members live the lives they want! We know that the real problem concerning blindness is not blindness itself but the lack of knowledge, understanding, and opportunity from our sighted peers.

We are the largest organization of the blind in the state.

The National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

We have done so much advocacy and awareness events within the past few years including:

- Creating special interest groups and divisions such as the Blind Parents Group, Blind Seniors Group, PA Association of Blind Merchants, PA Association of Blind Students, PA Association of Guide Dog Users, the Deaf/Blind Division, and PA Organization of Parents of Blind Children

- met up with our Federal legislators during Washington Seminar where we discuss and advocate on issues critical to the blind community.

- hold annual state conventions where blind and visually impaired individuals can come together in order to learn, network, and engage in our efforts throughout the state

- establish local chapters where our members can continue their efforts as well as participate in community service and service-learning projects.

- providing a scholarship to blind or visually impaired students to further their post-secondary education.

- partnered with various city, state, and federal organizations and agencies to bring awareness on blindness and blindness services

This work is only possible because of generous supporters like you!

We are setting a goal to collect 100 individual contributions before the end of Giving Tuesday. Will you continue your support with an investment of any size between now and Giving Tuesday?

Funds collected will be used to further our advocacy and awareness efforts throughout the state as well as nationally. Our next biggest expenses coming up historically include:  Washington Seminar, state leadership seminar, the BELL program, and our state/national convention.

Contribute online with a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account by clicking the following link:

https://nfbp.org/donation-opportunities/online-donations

Contribute with a check or money order made payable to the "NFB of PA" with "Giving Tuesday" in the memo field sent to:

National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania

33 Merganser Drive

Sinking Spring, PA 19608

Thank you in advance,

National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania

www.nfbp.org <http://www.nfbp.org>