[NFBP-Talk] almost 90 braille volumes

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:10:57 UTC 2018

Hi,
On my orbit reader20 I have almost 90 volumes of braille books. And those 90 volumes only take up maybe 6 or 7 mb megabytes of space and I have an 8gb gigabyte sd card in the orbit reader20 low cost braille display. This is so cool that I can carry around many many braille volumes in a device the size of the old braille n speaks or maybe a little larger… Two braille files are huge, about 4mb megabyte braille files. I can search through 42 volumes of braille for a specific keyword and it takes about 20 or so seconds to search. Well that is if you’re looking for something that does not exist in that file. I have a huge compilation of newsletter archives I turned into both and ueb and EBAE copies and put them on the orbit reader20 $449 braille display. Orbit reader lets me find certain text, do forward and backwards searches in a few seconds, move by braille page, line, paragraph, set and clear bookmarks, and much more! This $449 brand new braille display is the best I ever owned! It gets nearly 40 hours on a single charge. Has a replaceable battery. And it simply displays any braille you choose to feed into it no matter what the code. Right now I’m reading an UEB copy of old technical raised dot computing articles I compiled into a huge word document then translated to braille. It took my computer 2 or 3 minutes to translate the huge 2mb word document into a nearly 4mb ascii or ansi contracted UEB braille file. Orbit reader opens that huge file in about a quarter or one fourth of a second. Paperless braille like orbit 20 and the upcoming multiline canute360 is the future of braille I do believe!

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10