[NFBP-Talk] another way to read

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jun 21 23:11:11 UTC 2018

I understand you guys reaction. However, I think
there is a question here that is interesting, and warrants some research.

Could you read Braille, from a cuff wrapped
around your arm, and if so how fast and accurately.

If so you could silently read while your hands were otherwise occupied.

Dave

At 05:01 PM 6/21/2018, you wrote:
>This new facebook by touch thing is a waste.
>Someone should email them and tell them that
>braille is the best tactile alphabet out there.
>

>Sent from <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>Mail for Windows 10

oh wait

>On Jun 21, 2018, at 3:54 PM, Drenth, Joe via
>NFBP-Talk <<mailto:nfbp-talk at nfbnet.org>nfbp-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
>Wow, a forearm cuff that someone can feel is an
>interesting idea, but frankly, someone already
>invented a way to read by feel, and it is much
>more practical. Instead of 24 different touch
>transmitters, I wonder if they ever thought of using just six?
>

>Joseph Drenth
>Senior R&D Software Engineer
>JBT Corporation  |  Automated Systems
>400 Highpoint Drive