[NFBP-Talk] [NFBNJ] scam alert

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Nov 20 05:24:42 UTC 2019

So…Apple will never call you unless you call Apple first. Apple only returns calls for support, or prearranged support calls, or calls following up on a support thingy. Even if you see a legitimate Apple phone number, be suspicious. Caller ID spoofing is far too easy to do, and it’s being done.

There are things Apple will never ask you for. Among them are passwords, social security numbers, banking information, etc. Apple may ask you to confirm a credit card under very specific conditions, but they are *very* specific conditions. Apple will never ask you to buy gift cards of any kind. Also, never, ever, ever give out verification codes. The only verification Apple might ask for would be a “temporary support PIN”, which is generated on the Appleid.apple.com website, nowhere else.

Be careful out there.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy at brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962